Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Kind of a weird question, but do better pencils let you write more precisely or do you actually need thinner lead, like 0.3? Sometimes 0.5mm is turns out too thick for me and smudges on everything (I'm left handed, so writing across the page almost guarantees smudging from my hand).

For me, the weight of the pencil/pen helps me write better.

If 0.5 comes out too thick, you might like something like Uni-ball Kuru Toga Auto Lead Rotation Mechanical Pencil - 0.3 mm - Black Body It rotates the lead so you get a consistent thickness.

You should try 0.3 lead. I've tried using it for notes but whenever I start writing quickly, it always gets caught on the paper.

I don't know anything about that Meridian, but if Al says it's good, then congrats. Does it have special things inside of it?

It is a nice piece of gear, and it even sounds good. The box is very very very big, and there is a lot of air inside: this air and the damn 'apodising' thing is probably what makes it sound so sweet :)

I decided on it also to use as DAC and preamp (yes it is '3 in 1' but not exactly at Best Buy price... yups), had almost no time yet to enjoy but so far I almost forgot the hole in my pocket...

I caved to bike lust:

Pegoretti Deunde

Awesome. Custom geometry or standard? One of the guys I ride with has a Pegoretti and loves it.

I'm going to byu a Kelly Bedford custom myself but probably not until the fall.

My new bikes (Training and TT) arrive today and I'm a bit excited.... Especially for the carbon tubulars that come on the trainer bike.

Ok, new in this thread, but with a somewhat big thing: Meridian 808.2i arrived here :)

(and, hey, it IS BIG!!).

do you take visitors?...i've always wanted a 588...i've put the thought of ever owning an 808.2i far out of mind...congrats...

on my end, i just ordered an oppo bdp-80 for my dad...this means i can finally have my bdp-83 back for use with my kuro:)...

monoprice cables...

1 - 14AWG Power Cord Cable w/ 3 conductor PC power connector socket (C13/5-15P) - 10ft (Black)

2 - 14AWG Power Cord Cable w/ 3 conductor PC power connector socket (C13/5-15P) - 6ft (Black)

1 - USB 2.0 A Male to B Male 28/24AWG Cable - (Gold Plated) - 10ft

3 - USB 2.0 A Male to B Male 28/24AWG Cable - (Gold Plated) - 6ft

2 - USB 2.0 A Male to B Male 28/24AWG Cable - (Gold Plated) - 3ft

1 - 6FT Optical Toslink 5.0mm OD Audio Cable

this was the most I could get before the shipping cost jumped from 17.00 to 51.00.

next up.. RCA Jeans cables