Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nate I don't have Internet access now, but I was thinking of trying the magclamps (?) that woodcraft sells to apply downward pressure to the material. I'm not sure if they will work well, but seems like they might. When I've seen people rip aluminum panels with a good saw, it almost seems like no effort at all. I talked a good bit with barrredboss on eBay and got a few tips from him, but he sees no reason why this setup won't work with even 3-4" material (heatsinks) and get a smooth cut..

Good news. . . This time I didn't get ripped off. I recently purchased an Omega 2 Mk1, sr727 and stand from kuboten. The items arrived today, and I think I will soon have most of my dynamic system for sale. Also purchased a Parasound D/AC 2000 from Scott. Jamming out to some Dire Straits as I type. My headphone journey ends here.

Good news. . . This time I didn't get ripped off. I recently purchased an Omega 2 Mk1, sr727 and stand from kuboten. The items arrived today, and I think I will soon have most of my dynamic system for sale. Also purchased a Parasound D/AC 2000 from Scott. Jamming out to some Dire Straits as I type. My headphone journey ends here.

Glad to see someone has found a way off the audio merry-go-round. I am still waiting for the brass ring, close but not there yet.

Top level professional cycling race: AMGEN Tour of California

My wife is going to run the Bay to Breakers on 5/16 while we're out there but I'm just going to watch and hopefully get a few autographs from Cavendish and others (not Lance).

Are you planning to get the final stage in Thousand Oaks? If so let me know and I will save a spot for you and lunch after.

2eg43n4.jpg

Photo not mine.

I didn't exactly buy it, but I got a new camera today. It's an Olympus "Trip XB AF 44" film point & shoot. The local second hand store has a stack of old film cameras in at the moment. They had three point & shoots with slooow zoom lenses (crap and more crap), the Olympus (which has a fixed 27mm wide angle lens, rock!) as well as a Minolta XG-M manual film SLR. The Olympus was the one that interested me the most, but had two corroded batteries in it. I pointed this out and the lady said "you can have it if you want." I took it home and extracted the batteries with a pair of channel locks. I spent the last hour cleaning out the battery compartment and scraping the corroded terminal as best I could. I fed it a fresh pair of batteries, and it came to life. There was an unexposed roll of Fuji print film in it, so I don't have to feed it.

I'm psyched about this camera. I brought my film SLR and a roll of Fuji Velvia 50, but the weather conditions and my own mental state have not been up to working with ISO 50 slide film that costs $3 per shot when all is said and done. Some nice low-pressure print film in a goofy point and shoot is exactly what the doctor (or in this case, muse) ordered.

Of course, I might be making another post like this tomorrow where I talk about the neat Minolta film SLR I just bought, because I am nucking futs an obsessive camera nerd.

... but the weather conditions and my own mental state have not been up to working with ISO 50 slide film that costs $3 per shot when all is said and done...

Damn, that's pricey. Speaking of film camera, I still need to get my wife's EOS body checked out. I would've done it already if it weren't for the fact the local Canon authorized repair shop is only open for 4 hours on weekends.

As for what I bought, I just bought a bottle of DayQuil. I wish it was NyQuil instead, but can't be drinking that at work.

Are you planning to get the final stage in Thousand Oaks? If so let me know and I will save a spot for you and lunch after.

Thanks for the very kind offer. Unfortunately we're only doing stages 2 and 3. I'd love to do the whole thing but I really can't afford all the vacation. Maybe when my vacation amount goes up in another year or two.