Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Needed a pair of speakers for deployment that sounded good but I wouldn't be that hurt if something happened to them. Against my better judgment I went with CNETs review and picked up a pair of Audioengine A5s. These actually sound pretty darn good. Have them hooked up to a my Pico for now but it looks like they will fit the bill.

I have these in my office and they are very good.

Well, it's been awhile but finally something audio again! Nothing big, nothing extreme but I'm looking forward to my first modest step in TubeLand: 2 Mullard CV4010 tubes for my Little Dot MKIII which was given to me a while ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2982[/ATTACH]

Nice, did it make a pleasant difference?

Yea, I'm expecting the next iteration of the S90 to have the grip built in already. I went to J&R on Saturday to check out the Panasonic LX-3 and the Canon S90. The LX-3's construction is so much nicer, like the G series Canons. But it was stretching the upper limits of size constraints of what I consider pocketable. That and having an actual lens cap made me feel like it'd be more inconvenient to use. But the main deciding factor was when I picked up the LX-3 and tried change some settings, I had to press down with the joystick on the back. Double control rings on the S90 FTMW. I could have saved about $50 getting it from Abes of Maine, but I actually checked the camera out in J&R, so I felt the need to buy it from them. Gotta support the local stores once in awhile.

I put this in the wrong thread, it is replacing my Spectral DMA 50.

102.jpg

Must have chocolate inside.....:P

Amicalement

PS.

I bought a Salamander archetype 5.0.....

I'm always complaining about my lack of free time. So I bought a stand that arrived with 3 of the five shelves with 30% of white sapwood mixed with the cherry….

Positive side : I had plenty of time to build the first two shelves I kept….

Amicalement