Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

FWIW, I have upwards of five card readers. Two FW400 CF readers, two USB umpteen-in-one card readers, and one USB SD card reader (so I can read sodding SDHC cards.) I've purchased two others; one I gave to mum, and one I think my old housemate nicked when he moved out. When I get a new Mac desktop, I'll probably get an FW800 CF reader as well.

You got the EL34 cheap, didn't you, because of the "Shita" branding! Don't tell me they're 00-getter, I can't stand too much jealousy.

I received a Dell U2711 monitor today. I've been using dual Dell 2407 for a long time, and wanted something bigger. Originally I was thinking of the Dell 30" 3008WFP but it is an 'older' model and I ordered the newer 27" instead, hoping I won't regret it.

Well, now that it's here and I'm using it side by side with one of the old 2407, I regret not going for a larger monitor sooner. This thing is very nice. The extra screen space over the 24" is a big difference. Text sharpness and colors are also better.

I still don't know if the 3008WFP would've been a better choice. And given the large screen real estate of the U2711, I'm questioning the need for dual monitors.

Pass Aleph P 1.7 preamp (again, though this time I actually have it :))

drool5.gifSexy. I was considering one of those when I was in the market for a balanced Pre in late '08. I ended up going with an AR LS9 for a bunch of reasons (some rational, some financial, some AR-fanboy-based.)

4522651999_33b0856f2c.jpg

I've used the same desk/book case combo for about a year now in my bedroom. It's really sturdy, but be extra careful with the desk, the finish is not at all resilient to scratching.

Otherwise good choice 'Vark :).