Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

ikea stuffs for the "dining room" (or more appropriately "future apple area")

4522651999_33b0856f2c.jpg

Trying to decide on an area rug for it now. Also thinking about running another horizontal unit behind the desk, connecting to the back wall.

and of course the aftermath:

4522652977_ae69df063d.jpg

Love my 4x2 Expedit. Have it nearly full with LPs, I need to pick up a second the next time I'm in MA. Brown-black effect ftw

Not a damn thing since I just sent off 700 bucks to the state of Arkansas for my taxes. This is in addition to what they already recieved from me throughout the year. Fucked up year for taxes in my house.

Would you like me to put in a word with the Princess of Kansas, and see if she could have a word with the Dutchess of Arkansas?

I was getting anxious waiting for the big mill to show up (still weeks away) and spotted something interesting on Craigslist, which I went to pick up this afternoon.

123647604.jpg

It's a well worn Grizzly G8689 that came with a bit of tooling and DRO's on both the X and Y axis. I've already made some wood chips with it and it won't be long before I throw some aluminum on the table and get serious.

Nice! If that needs a home after the real deal arrives my checkbook is on standby. :)

I got a screaming deal on it Steve, $300 with a (semi) crappy stand, the tooling and some aftermarket tool holders. Just the two DRO scales cost a third of that at least and the tool holders another $50+.

And Stretch, while I could, I won't, we're still going fancy with yours and I promise progress next week. :)

Nice Nate! What are DROs? Digital Readout?

Yup, it has two digital scales hard mounted to the table.

I just tested the first use case - precision wood router for recessing thick wood front and back panels. It rocks. This should work equally well for aluminum and will be tested in the very near future. :indra:

I got a screaming deal on it Steve, $300 with a (semi) crappy stand, the tooling and some aftermarket tool holders. Just the two DRO scales cost a third of that at least and the tool holders another $50+.

Damn! That is indeed a screaming deal!

I was getting anxious waiting for the big mill to show up (still weeks away) and spotted something interesting on Craigslist, which I went to pick up this afternoon.

It's a well worn Grizzly G8689 that came with a bit of tooling and DRO's on both the X and Y axis. I've already made some wood chips with it and it won't be long before I throw some aluminum on the table and get serious.

Dog! :D

I can't believe you were able to make room for this. Nice job!

Dog! :D

I can't believe you were able to make room for this. Nice job!

Where there's a will (and sufficient stupidity) there's a way, Mark!

What is really epic about the thing is that the 1/2" diameter tool holder works perfect for the wood router bits that I have. The wood bits not surprisingly cut much better than the end mills that I have on hand. And of course things like this really are a sickness, just dropped $130 on accessories to make it more "useful". :palm: