Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Mike at first glance I thought that was a nose hair trimmer. :D

And I'm finally at the age where my first thought to this was..."whoa, that would be great!" :)

Today the curiosity was high and willpower, particularly weak. Bought a heap of audio trinkets:

* Ortofon's LH-8000 wooden headshell - Japanese Urushi lacquer over oak. Nice and lightweight at 8,5 grams. This right after buying the 10g FR shell :palm: Can't hurt to try both!

media.nl?id=14431&c=ACCT106601&h=48bfb046f1c5d438c72c&resizeid=-2&resizeh=74&resizew=74

* Ortofon's silver headshell leads :palm:

* Hi-Fi News LP test record

* KAB TT speed disk/strobe

* Octet of EH 6H30pi tubes - the set I have in my preamp is > 2 years old, and getting a bit noisy

Marantz 2238B for the office, I plan on getting an spare DAC as a source from the PC using iTunes. For now I am using a plain line out dock out of an iPod and an HD580. To my ears it sounds very good and I hope to fix the blown lights on the front panel. I would also like to use it to amp an AKG K1000. Has anyone used an old receiver to amp a K1000? Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3129[/ATTACH]

A case of Left Hand Fade To Black, Volume 1: Foreign Export Stout. My grail beer. (Yes, I found it locally, without having to travel to Colorado.)

...and a watch.

I thought you said the whole state was sold out? Where did you dig it up?

I thought you said the whole state was sold out? Where did you dig it up?
Yes, it was sold out at the distributors, but I hadn't yet given up on (a) retailer(s) having remaining stock, and I found one (through ratebeer.com -- great site!). They actually still had some when I left, and I'm probably going back for the Oak-aged Imperial Stout (can't seem to find it anywhere else, even through ratebeer.com, which doesn't even list them as having any), unless Total Wine or someshit can order some for me...but not sure I want a case this time -- I now have a case of: Sierra Nevada's 30th Vol. 1, Bashah, and Fade To Black -- I think I'm set for a while. Might try Whole Foods to see if they will order some for me.

Oh, and as to where -- fucking Richmond (fucking, in this case, regarding the distance). Once Upon a Vine South. Cute asian chick works there, though, so not sorry I went. Will probably check out the other store, too.

Thanks for the head up Duggeh.

Maybe you can bring a "Edited Highlights" along to CJ for those unfamiliar with Eurovision Song Contest 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There hasn't been a true Eurochoon since 2007, where I voted 6 times for Dancing Lasha Tumbai (which came second to a bunch of Serbian Lesbians).

And now in Britain, we no longer have our stalwart presenter of decades, Sir Terry Wogan and have the camp Norton bloke.

I have high hopes for this year. It's time for a return to shiny pumping cheese. Enough with the combination of power ballads and Lordi wannabes.

Marantz 2238B for the office, I plan on getting an spare DAC as a source from the PC using iTunes. For now I am using a plain line out dock out of an iPod and an HD580. To my ears it sounds very good and I hope to fix the blown lights on the front panel. I would also like to use it to amp an AKG K1000. Has anyone used an old receiver to amp a K1000? Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3129[/ATTACH]

HEY! I just bought a Marantz 2238B from Craigslist for $100. Only one bulb out, otherwise it is perfect. I am a happy camper. I ordered PSB Image B5 to go with it. Hopefully it'll be a nice living room rig.

For replacement lamps, I found:

Marantz Lamp Kits

and

Marantz Lamps

Beer.

No watch; huzzah.

Really liked that Oak-aged Imperial Stout from Left Hand, so I went back down to Once Upon A Vine and bought them out (6 bottles). Also found some other stuff that looked interesting, and was talked into buying a $2+ bottle of Polish something by the proprietor's wife. Let's put it this way -- the spontaneous discount that he gave me more than covered the cost of this. I am definitely going to make this a monthly sojourn. Alright, maybe not monthly, as I am probably covered for the next year, but ...some regular interval. Quarterly?

PS Was just taking inventory -- a couple of interesting things obtained: Oak-Aged Arrogant Bastard; Sam Adams Choco Bock (dammit, forgot to check the alcoholic content, and I just read something about "extreme beer"); Left Hand Rye Bock Lager; Stone 13th Anniversary; some Maple something...fading...

Edited by Dusty Chalk