Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

levis use to make their denim the way that these boutique shops, particularly revived in japan, are now doing. it's a lost art.

World’s Most Expensive Jeans

levis did (still is, not sure) recently start making premium denim again with their jeans retailing for $500 a pop...

"The name Levi Strauss & Co. may conjure up images of basic, practical jeans, but the well-known company has recently taken its reputation up to new heights with the introduction of its premium denim. Called the Levi Capitol E jean, these high-end pants are sewn by hand out of high-quality denim and it can take as many as 30 people from start to finish to craft just one pair. Such intensive workmanship doesn’t come cheap. In fact, the most expensive cuts of these jeans sell for as high as $500 a pair and no two are exactly alike. (And it’s interesting to note that these actually aren’t even close to the most expensive Levi’s out there. See number 9 on this list for more about noteworthy Levi sales.)"

Bleh, while looking at fancy jeans I just found a pair thats called Samurai Jin. Now I have to buy them.

Also, there are pretty cheap slevedge levis around. You can get the 514x selvedge for like 50ish

I got a bottle of Zyrtec, as my doctor prescribed. I also ordered eight 8x10" prints.

One of this:

3809808056_01ddcc8f29_m.jpg

RIP, Kiki :(

Two each of these:

3517145038_78b92d626f_m.jpg

4573184281_b206a9e5b6_m.jpg

This one came out really poorly, I'm afraid. :-\

...and 3 of these:

3525050178_bb0a3959f0_m.jpg

The idea with the IR prints is that I'm going to frame them and sell them. I'll, uh, let you know how that goes.

I love my Levis.

X4. I, like most women it seems, have trouble finding jeans that fit. They make a "curvy" style, and that, along with one Lucky Jeans model, are about the only two I can wear. What I hate is that almost all women's jeans are now made of stretch denim, even the Levis.

I :ian: my Calvin Kleins -- and not because of the name, but because of all my black jeans, they've managed to retain their black the longest. I don't know what they're using for the dye, but it's insane.

Nothing comes between you and your Calvin's? :D

x5 on Levi's, especially when on sale.

And for my purchase today (amongst other things):

KEU5048.PNG?CELL=370,370&QLT=67&FTR=3&BGCOLOR=FFFFFF&CVT=jpeg

i am not all that familiar with 3sixteen or APC as i am primarily attracted to japanese handmade (in-house) rare type denim. then it's the style and fit, but my first pair of exotic denim, when i was less knowledgeable, was red dot evisu, which weren't made in japan. unfortunately, most evisu are now more mass produced resulting in lower quality and many of them have those silly designs on the rear pockets or even going down the back of the legs -- can't stand that type of stuff. though, these would likely be my next denim purchase. again super rare, low production (lot of 2000), handmade quality japanese denim.

Eh, Evisu, even the Japanese variety, has taken a hit in quality lately. If you want something plain in a vintage cut, I like sugar cane or flat head.

If you want something really handmade, try Ooe Yofukuten.

Eh, Evisu, even the Japanese variety, has taken a hit in quality lately. If you want something plain in a vintage cut, I like sugar cane or flat head.

If you want something really handmade, try Ooe Yofukuten.

thanks for the recommendation... Ooe looks really fantastic, and up until your post i was completely clueless about them. where does one buy them in the states? it looks like i'll have to revisit sugar cane some more, but i guess i am still not feeling flat head's rear pocket embroidery. do you know anything about fullcount? as i've seriously considered them. and i think the special no. 1s have a special place in my heart as they were the first denim i lusted after and i really like the cut and look of the way those jeans wear, plus there are tons of great photos online.

Good thing they aren't raw denim that you should only wash a few times a year. :D I've seen a few Alpinas in norcal... I like the subtle upholstery accents they do to stand out in the herd. That one in particular looks like a beast.

thanks for the recommendation... Ooe looks really fantastic, and up until your post i was completely clueless about them. where does one buy them in the states? it looks like i'll have to revisit sugar cane some more, but i guess i am still not feeling flat head's rear pocket embroidery. do you know anything about fullcount? as i've seriously considered them. and i think the special no. 1s have a special place in my heart as they were the first denim i lusted after and i really like the cut and look of the way those jeans wear, plus there are tons of great photos online.

Fullcount is supposedly great but I've never owned a pair. They are, as with SC or any indigo dye, very difficult to fade. Remember that with any arcuates, you can remove them easily. Last I heard about Ooe, you still have to directly order them from the 2 guys that make them. Here's their site: [url=http://ooe-yofukuten.com/]