Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

...rented Saw III last night.
Saw III was rather interesting.
I thought it was terrible :(
I never said it was good... :P
Saw III was awesome.
(bites lip and silently smiles)

So, JBLoudG20, what did you think of it? How can something be interesting and ...well, you didn't say it wasn't good, neither...?

I thought the first movie was ground breaking for horror/thriller movies.

The second one was alright. Nothing terrible or great.

The third one was incredibly predictable and chock full of crap. With an incredibly contrived ended. I mean everything would have had to go perfectly in order for the movie to end like that. Jigsaw seems more like a mind controlling psychic than a serial killer dieing of a brain tumor. Who knows maybe the tumor gave him magical powers?

I thought the first movie was ground breaking for horror/thriller movies.

The second one was alright. Nothing terrible or great.

The third one was incredibly predictable and chock full of crap. With an incredibly contrived ended. I mean everything would have had to go perfectly in order for the movie to end like that. Jigsaw seems more like a mind controlling psychic than a serial killer dieing of a brain tumor. Who knows maybe the tumor gave him magical powers?

I've never seen the third one. The second one was alright, not good not bad, better than okay but not good, like a 6/10 putting one as total crap and ten as a straight classic.

I've never seen the third one. The second one was alright, not good not bad, better than okay but not good, like a 6/10 putting one as total crap and ten as a straight classic.

i'll just reiterate what I've already said before in other threads: first one, classic. second one, they had a big hollywood budget for the first time and didn't know what the hell they were doing. fun to watch, and especially fun to really get to see a lot of jigsaw, who has an amazing screen presence. the actor who played the lead cop is a fucking hack, ruined the whole movie for me. him and his bimbo partner. the third movie is at least on par with the first. big budget, and they had a better idea of what they were doing. sure, the story was predictable, and NO WAY could it have all worked out exactly the way jigsaw wanted it to, but the same could be said for all the movies, though admittedly the third was a bit more of a stretch. but hell, its a horror flick. if I can't suspend my imagination a bit, i'd never enjoy a horror movie again. :)

i'll just reiterate what I've already said before in other threads: first one, classic. second one, they had a big hollywood budget for the first time and didn't know what the hell they were doing. fun to watch, and especially fun to really get to see a lot of jigsaw, who has an amazing screen presence. the actor who played the lead cop is a fucking hack, ruined the whole movie for me. him and his bimbo partner. the third movie is at least on par with the first. big budget, and they had a better idea of what they were doing. sure, the story was predictable, and NO WAY could it have all worked out exactly the way jigsaw wanted it to, but the same could be said for all the movies, though admittedly the third was a bit more of a stretch. but hell, its a horror flick. if I can't suspend my imagination a bit, i'd never enjoy a horror movie again. :)

My dislike for the third goes beyond predictability.

The entire movie was just sort of boring. Not particularly thrilling, especially following that idiot through the "maze", which was kinda tame (save for the last guy- very cool, but Jigsaw did say it was his best rig)

The main character victim in the third one made the cop look like Sydney Poitier in comparison -- I had zero sympathy going for him, he shoulda fell and broke his neck when he worked his way out of the box.

I actually really liked the second one -- I thought it was on par with the first one -- maybe not Aliens/Alien good, but on par, at least. But now knowing how much you hate the cop and the woman so much, no wonder you liked the third one.

Nikon D70 Kit and Power Pack

Let me know if you want a couple of back up batteries, I've got some other stuff from when my D70 went tits up that wont work with my D80.

Oh and the last thing that I bought was a bunch of lumber (2x8s, 1x6 decking, 4x4 posts, associated hardware) to put an addition onto my back deck. Been working on it the past two days with pops, should be able to finish it up today.

Oh and the last thing that I bought was a bunch of lumber (2x8s, 1x6 decking, 4x4 posts, associated hardware) to put an addition onto my back deck. Been working on it the past two days with pops, should be able to finish it up today.

Make sure you post pics!

Last thing I bought: A plain bagel and cream cheese, chocolate chip muffin, and a SoBe Orange Carrot Elixir from Au Bon Pain.

The cigarettes I like to smoke are pricey. I can't say I don't smoke because I do. I'd not had a cigarette since 12/06. Then I went out about a month ago and bought a pack of Sherman's MCD King Size. Then I bummed a smoke off Mikhail about a week ago. I am the occasional smoker, but they don't sell my favorite smokes in the US anymore. I can go months without smoking buy a pack then not smoke for a year.