Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

due to the lack of wi-fi in our group office, I went and ordered a Clear iSpot 4G>wi-fi converter. little box, runs on batteries or plugged in and unlimited bandwidth for $25/Mo. If it gives me anything in the way of a signal and modest wifi speed I'll be happy. Arriving tomorrow. I'll let you know how it does shortly.

FYI, my Clear Spot is profoundly location sensitive. If your 4G signal is not great, try moving it a few feet here and there, away from anything that might create any RF at all, and preferably next to a window, if at all possible.

My best signal by far is in the window, facing the closest tower. I had to call due to technical problems to find out where my tower is, but you can surmise its location by using Clear's coverage map.

I would love to test one of those iSpots at my place. I'm supposedly in range and that is half the price of the comparative internet service here. Great to at least see strong competition again.

EDIT: Ok, don't want to have to tether through iOS device.

they're REALLY easy to hack

6tpzx1.jpg

jtnfit.jpg

Two American DJ Jellyfish LED fixtures. It's been clear to me for quite some time that my lighting rig has needed an update. I've lost business to DJs who buy one or two LED fixtures and consider that a "light show." The Jellyfish has no motor and no moving parts. That means the beams are static, and only change as different groups of LEDs go on and off. Normally this type of light annoys me, but I really like the Jellyfish. It's one of the few fixtures where the light itself is as cool looking as the beams it makes.

I got these after two days of making "best offers" on eBay. It's a strange feature, but it saved me a fair amount. Now I just need to choose and buy four more fixtures. spend.gif