Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I know this definitely applies to Tyler, but for the other HC'ers with Cicadas (at least 4 total) - don't lose the brass spikes if you have them. They are irreplaceable, beyond any doubt. Ryan informed me of this when I bought his pair.

Thanks everyone. It was pretty much a no-brainer with the speakers being located within relatively easy driving distance. I do have the spikes and the discs so I am going to give those a try once I decide what to use for amplification. I may take you up on the EC footers Al. They may end up working better for stability on a wooden floor.

Yeah, will do. I really have no idea what to expect. I saw the auction in the last minutes, and felt compelled to pull the trigger. Dome midranges always seemed sexy to me.

For what I paid I'm thinking the drivers are worth almost that much?

10 day build time, so it'll be a few weeks before they arrive.

Yeah, will do. I really have no idea what to expect. I saw the auction in the last minutes, and felt compelled to pull the trigger. Dome midranges always seemed sexy to me.

For what I paid I'm thinking the drivers are worth almost that much?

10 day build time, so it'll be a few weeks before they arrive.

I'm assuming you're curious about the actual drivers used? I looked them up since the flanges and drivers looked familiar. Here are my semi-educated guesses:

HiVi M8N 8" Aluminum/Magnesium woofer: $42

HiVi M8N 8" Aluminum/Magnesium Woofer | Parts-Express.com

Not sure about the tweet, but the flange looks right:

HiVi RT1C-A: $37

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_236&products_id=1486

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange $41

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange | Parts-Express.com

Looks like you're spot on IMO. Much less that I thought, cost wise. I'll hope that the implementation of the roughly $250 driver set is good. Still a good price considering labor involved in cabinetry.

Yea, the price is good esp considering the labor involved and the pictures of the speaker look good as well. Do let us know how it sounds when you get them :)

Will do. He tells me that 6 days is probably more accurate for build time, and he's gotten payment already, so he'll hopefully start straight away.

Since you pegged the driver compliment, if I do like them I may build a center channel and surrounds.

those look pretty nice. not to shit on your new speakers but most (actually all) of the stuff that i have seen built by you has been far more impressive (woodwork wise). why not build something yourself?

my apologies if it seems like im raining on the parade, but just seemed a little odd. kinda like nate asking someone else to cut holes in things...but then again, wtf do i know.