Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

those look pretty nice. not to shit on your new speakers but most (actually all) of the stuff that i have seen built by you has been far more impressive (woodwork wise). why not build something yourself?

my apologies if it seems like im raining on the parade, but just seemed a little odd. kinda like nate asking someone else to cut holes in things...but then again, wtf do i know.

Building the cabinets would be easy enough, it's the technical details like which drivers best compliment each other, crossover design, etc... that I'm not that comfortable with yet.

You could probably open up the speakers and clone the crossovers for the surrounds, but unless your center channel is at the same height as your fronts and also happens to sit vertically, it'll definitely be more difficult to design a matching center, assuming that the speaker was tuned as front/monitor speakers. You can, of course ask if the guy had designed a center channel and if he did, buy the crossover only ;)

I'm personally avoiding a dive into full speaker design simply due to the massive time and effort involved in the design/simulate/test/repeat process of crossover/speaker design. Hurray for people that share their tested and proven designs!

Apparently 4 Impulse! SACDs. Guess these are still coming out. :D
Thanks for the note -- I canceled my subscription because they kept charging my card without checking first, which they were supposed to do, so I'd rather just buy them manually. Can someone let me know what the latest batch of titles are, so that I buy the right ones? Or is there a resource somewhere?

I swear there are days that the only thing that gets me through them is the music.

Thanks for the note -- I canceled my subscription because they kept charging my card without checking first, which they were supposed to do, so I'd rather just buy them manually. Can someone let me know what the latest batch of titles are, so that I buy the right ones? Or is there a resource somewhere?

I swear there are days that the only thing that gets me through them is the music.

I do it for the free shipping haha. But here are the 4 I got:

Count Basie And The Kansas City

Roy Haynes Quartet Out of the Afternoon

Duke Eillington Meets Coleman Hawkins

Oliver Nelson The Blues and the Abstract Truth

I do it for the free shipping haha.
Yeah, I used to, but they pinned me a few times too many, timing it such that my account went near zero, or in one case, negative. (They charged me twice.) That was kind of the last straw.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should have more room on the card. I suck at that. Trying to get better. Haven't gone negative in months.

Yeah, I used to, but they pinned me a few times too many, timing it such that my account went near zero, or in one case, negative. (They charged me twice.) That was kind of the last straw.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I should have more room on the card. I suck at that. Trying to get better. Haven't gone negative in months.

No doubt they are a pain. I had to call 3 times to get my shipping address changed. And they shipped 2 orders to the wrong address... never actually apologized for the inconvenience now that I think about it. Luckily, I'm still on good terms with my old coworkers who generously sent me my orders.

Thanks for the note -- I canceled my subscription because they kept charging my card without checking first, which they were supposed to do,

I'm considering doing this. My bank account is showing 2 $120 charges on the same day. And this isnt the first time they've done shit like this. Last time they fucked me over, they charged me like $750 for all 25 analogue productions CDs, despite not all of them being available at the time, and despite the fact that I had already been charged separately as they were released. They are frankly the single biggest threat to my credit rating. I'm going to send them a fucking dart board with random prices and products on it, and tell them go nuts; it would probably be more accurate. I remember when I used to look forward to getting these CDs.

Thank god tomorrow is payday.

My buddy Oz has had this amp for 5 years in the shop, almost never being used. I've wanted it for a long time but the retail at the time was $5500 with the dac option. The exact same amp today on TTVJ, without the $750 dac option retails for $7800. If I buy it, I will pay less then half todays retail price with a full factory warranty. It does sound great. As much as I like the McCormack, when I went back to it on Monday, the Brinkmann was just better.

And no, I needed to be able to sell the McCormack to help pay for the Brinkmann. :palm: