Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I dunno about that DAC... but that Kenwood looks wicked.

i havent listened to it yet as i still need a coax cable; but if i dont like it, its probably not going to be hard to resell, as AN seems to be pretty popular around these parts.

and the kenwood is indeed pretty luxurious.

Yep. Two down, four to go. It's actually pretty easy.

Good man.

My wife was on Lovenox for a while, she made me inject her. My neighbor has some injectable med for her MS; she has a needle phobia, poor lady, so when her husband is out of town, she comes to our house and asks me to inject her while she covers her eyes and looks the other way.

Sounds like the no alcohol is the bigger difficulty for you!

southern tier pumking

dogfish head theobroma

dogfish head bitches brew

the beer store I went to still has a case and a half of bitches brew left!

we have tons of theobroma here...that's a weird one...but the bitches brew's one case per store...then there's a waiting list & you're allowed one 750mL per customer...i have two & my buddy has one...so we're thinking about splitting one & aging the others...

this is my veiled suggestion that you go back & buy the rest if they'll let you:)...

The amount going on in that window looks intense.

I've always been curious, do you have USB "decks" so you can control all of those little knob icons? Or do you use a mouse and keyboard?

There are a number of answers to that. I could have opted for Traktor Scratch and been able to control the virtual decks with actual 1200s. I have tried this interface before, and I do not like it. I dislike the Serato version even more. There are also a mess of hardware controllers on the market that send MIDI data over USB to Traktor. I have yet to purchase one, but there's a number I'm considering. I like the look of the Akai MPD32.

The way I use use DJ software differs significantly from that screenshot. I don't use a software mixer. Nearly 15 years of DJing has given me the irrevocable opinion that there's nothing better than hands-on analog mixing. I have a USB DAC with 8 outputs (4 stereo pairs) and I plug it into a 4 channel mixer. Currently I'm using a Pioneer mixer with rotary faders.

The way I mix, I'm working with the mixer most of the time. I only cue and sync with Traktor. This arrangement works fine until I need to make slight adjustments to a track's speed. My friend Dave has a pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000s ($1800 or so each), which can function as USB DACs and control surfaces in Traktor. Once this new version of Traktor I ordered arrives, I'm going to try out mapping the CDJ2Ks and see how responsive they are. The setup looks pretty sweet:

4437606058_d4c400f483_z.jpg

Picture contains gratuitous gray cat.