Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I think if you had just sent it in to MS you would've gotten a newer version without the issues :) The original 360 put out a lot of heat and had issues, the later versions are much better and cooler running overall.

You're probably right, I sure they would have just given me a new one instead of fixing my unit! :)

This is one of the few times where I would actually put principle ahead of getting something that is beneficial to me in the long run. At the moment I was just so fed up with buying these fucking things every 18 mos. It's not as if I'm a really heavy user, at most my Xbox gets 10-12 hours max play a week.

Having shat all over MS, I gotta admit that I do still like the 360 more than the PS3 as far as gaming is concerned. The 360 controller fits my hands better and I like the new Xbox interface as well as Xbox Live.

I want a bigger rack, myself. My current one is all used up.

Me: a vacuum. It's no Dyson Animal, but it's better than nothing, and is light enough and compact enough that I should be able to use it and keep it in my cluttered room. Plus it was only $50. New.

You have visible floorspace?

I

Me: a vacuum. It's no Dyson Animal, but it's better than nothing, and is light enough and compact enough that I should be able to use it and keep it in my cluttered room. Plus it was only $50. New.

I have a Dyson animal, but the problem I have is that it's not good with human animals, mainly me. My hair gets caught up in the roller, and every time I use it, I have to get scissors out, sit on the floor, flip the vacuum over, and cut the hair off the roller, which takes about five to ten minutes. PITA. I either have to sweep before vacuuming, or start wearing a hair net.

You have visible floorspace?
Not a lot. But the whole point behind the vacuum is to clean it once I make it visible.
I have a Dyson animal, but the problem I have is that it's not good with human animals, mainly me.
I don't currently have that problem, but I usually do, so thanks for the heads-up. I have to admit, I don't know of too many vacuums that could handle my hair. Bare floors, and a brush attachment, but then it still gets snagged in the bristles. Lose-lose.

The time has come, and there was nothing I could do to resist any longer... Christmas Costumes - Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Costume

Ok, the back story is that it will pay for itself within a couple of years, maybe even this year alone. Seems I'll be able to rent it out for children's Christmas parties sponsored by the companies their parents work for.

I'm actually thinking about picking up a couple more similar costumes if I can find them at more reasonable prices: http://store.costumecity.com/snowmanmascot1.html

http://store.costumecity.com/toysoldier.html

Several of the young ladies who have helped me as Miss Claus and Mrs. Claus in recent years would like to make some money in doing so (everything I do is still volunteer work). So I'm thinking about charging for my services beginning this year, giving them their share and keeping my share to defray some of the costuming costs.

I think I'll start this year with just the Rudolph costume and see how that goes.

A package arrived from sfwtc today.

Torani Amer

Thomas Handy Sazerac

Green Chartreuse (could have bought the Chartreuse around here but didn't want to buy a 750ml bottle)

p1000639t.jpg

:jbl: :jbl: :jbl: Yay for SFWTC! :jbl: :jbl: :jbl:

Will BBQ Mike's have those neat hot food box styrofoam boxes so that I can open up my dry rubbed brisket and just eat it right away?

Salamander Synergy Single 40. Like this, but with black perforated sides:

gal_s40cb.jpg

Very nice. Have the same rack here and it is definitely a keeper. Very high WAF!

A package arrived from sfwtc today.

Torani Amer

Thomas Handy Sazerac

Green Chartreuse (could have bought the Chartreuse around here but didn't want to buy a 750ml bottle)

p1000639t.jpg

Very nice haul Shelly.

Me:

IMAG0078.jpg

Serious question: Would it be worth it to start experimenting with cocktails anytime in the near future (on my limited budget), or wait until I've more experience with good booze and am a bit a older before going that route?

Cocktails were my first alcoholic beverage ever. I didn't even know you could drink tequila straight until I tried a really good one...was that last year, or the year before? I think it was last year. I wouldn't drink the stuff I drank in college straight. That whole salt/drink/lime thing was to completely overload the taste organ so that you didn't realize you were drinking swill. Sabotage/camouflage, as it were.

What was the question again? I think the answer's, 'yes'.