Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I was given a Marantz 2110 tuner and a Marantz 1122DC pre amp from a buddy who use to own a pawnshop. Both are fully functional but the 1122DC has 3 broken pushbutton switches that with a little luck and a lot of searching I can replace. These are going to replace the Marantz 2220 (also a freebie from same buddy) in my vintage rig.

I'd call that "ghetto DIY". To me, real DIY means that the builder actually made the part. For example John Britten was a real DIY motorcycle builder. He did use a few off the shelf parts, but not many. :)

I do like this use of a burner from an electric stove. However, I suspect that the burner would be more than a ready made resistor.

Pro: The cops don't tend to see silver cars.

Cons: Neither do other drivers, especially on hazy days, when your color matches the sky. Like today (at least, down here).

The other drivers don't see your regardless of the color, it was bright and clear the other day and I almost got merged into by another car. But then my car is black, perhaps I need to get it painted neon yellow.

I didn't get quoted different prices when I was there, it was mostly based on engine/vehicle size. But then again, I had a Y plate.

My information is probably out of date or faulty as I haven't lived in Japan since '89 and I wasn't driving back then.

On a related note, a coworker of mine had a car with a racing stripe on it. After getting multiple tickets in the first couple months of owning the car, he had the stripe removed.

IIRC, in Japan, you got different insurance rate depending on the color of your car.

In Ireland the biggest determining factor is the size of your engine. A friend had a 600 HP RX-7 and the insurance was close to a Fiat Punto. He also had a modified Aprilia that put down 130 hp to the rear wheel :o

Todd, that is good enough to be in your main rig. I don't know if you read what I wrote about the Selah monitors at RMAF. They were excellent and I considered buying them, was reminded about yours and then decided on the Zu's. I was surprised how good they were. I spent a lot of time with the Zu Essence and the Nova and thought that it is a nice piece of gear, in particular, for the price.