Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

did you get to try Aotearoa?...i had it out of a plastic cup from a cooler in someone's jeep so i'm hoping you fared better:)...hope they do more with Intelligentsia as the Hell's Black was amazing...i'm really jealous as i'll probably never have the Creeper...

whenever i go up there, they won't refill even their own growlers...that's fine by me, just kind of strange...Indiana law makes it hard to refill the growlers of other breweries w/o relabeling, but i'm not following their logic...anywho, i understand neither their growler nor waxing color scheme...blue/yellow/white for growlers, purple/green/white for bombers?...w/e...their stuff makes me happy...no need to overthink it:)...

did you get to try Aotearoa?...i had it out of a plastic cup from a cooler in someone's jeep so i'm hoping you fared better:)...hope they do more with Intelligentsia as the Hell's Black was amazing...i'm really jealous as i'll probably never have the Creeper...

whenever i go up there, they won't refill even their own growlers...that's fine by me, just kind of strange...Indiana law makes it hard to refill the growlers of other breweries w/o relabeling, but i'm not following their logic...anywho, i understand neither their growler nor waxing color scheme...blue/yellow/white for growlers, purple/green/white for bombers?...w/e...their stuff makes me happy...no need to overthink it:)...

I think it is simply a health and cleanliness thing that keeps them from refilling.

I did not try the Aotearoa. There were too many new beers, I had to drive, and it's been a long Kasteel Rouge drought, so I had to give it a pass. If it's there next week I'll give it a go. Right now, it's 11:15 PM and I'm enjoying some Hell's Black before bed. A wonderful brew.

Well, I did not buy it (yet) but I have on loan the production version of the HE6 as well as the prototype. I have sent a PM to some of the local members to see if there is an interest in listening to them. On Saturday or Sunday I would gladly drive to Fort Lauderdale perhaps a bit further north. Anyway pictures are available at: Picasa Web Albums - 10943715404801124... - HE-6 Orthodyn...

The final version sounds IMO much better, they are easier to drive, look better, and seem to be a bit lighter. They still exert a lot of pressure but thankfully they seem to have an steel band under the leather which can be bent to suit. Cheers.

Heard it at RMAF, gave them my email info, and got a discount code RMAF50. I got the impression that the code expires very soon, but was not told that I can't post it.

amarramini.gif

Listening to the Rolling Stones "Love in Vain" with and without Amarra was remarkable (loved the Focal speakers they used). It was a live recording and not off the "Let it Bleed" album - they started to play, messed up and joked around, and then started again until completion. I want to find a copy of that particular performance. So, I need to email them back for that info.

A couple of things that I noticed was that the guitar to the right of center sounded like it was coming more from the right speaker without Amarra turned on; but with Amarra it came from behind the wall and just to the inside of the right speaker, sounding much more transparent and on stage. The vocal that was to the left of center became more transparent and realistic, and more on stage. It went from sounding like a very good recording to sounding more realistic and live - the speakers totally disappeared.

I have no idea how much if any EQ they used, and of course their gear was much better than mine, but I'm hoping for similar improvements when using my Macbook Pro as transport. I just don't expect overall performance to be on the same level without a bigger investment in my system.