Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nice, Jim. I certainly enjoyed my time with the Emotiva dac at TamJam. It is a screaming bargain on all accounts.I tried, but couldn't get Mike to trade me his for my lovely and classic Grado Sr60s. He can be difficult at times. :) :)

Absolutely a great bargain and it certainly makes me wonder at the prices of some other gear.

I didn't notice the nice dac at first as I was admiring your world's greatest dad mug :)

The DAC is nice but the mug is nicer. :)

Why is there a snake on your rig? Is that a snake-oil reference?

Snakes are cool. Live snakes are cooler, but live poisonous snakes are not a good idea with a 6 year old in the house, so I make due. The only thing remotely snake-oil in this rig is the PS Audio power cable. But that was bought from one of the numerous PS Audio fire sales.

Looked like that to me too, curled up on the sigma22... it doesn't run THAT hot! I see you have the AA HPA in prominence as well still :)

The AA HPA is a remarkably good amp, especially with the HC Team Overkill PSU. :D

Edited by morphsci

Snakes are cool. Live snakes are cooler, but live poisonous snakes are not a good idea with a 6 year old in the house, so I make due.....

Jim, whenever you are ready for that live rattler just pm me, I have lots around my back yard, lots of wine shipping boxes and a Fedex account. Summer is just around the corner ya know.

sony NEX5 with 18-55mm lens and an extra battery

Nice! I handled one in the local Sony store a few weeks back, it seemed like a pretty nice "small" camera. Strange enough, it was hard figuring out the controls coming from a Canon.

Just bought a 5 lb. tub of BSN Syntha-6 Chocolate protein powder. Much cheaper than buying pre-made shakes.

I've been wanting to buy a multi tool for a while now. The top player is the Fein Multi Master, starting at $190. Next is the Rockwell @ $175, then there's the Dremel at $90.

Not being one to waste money on cheap tools, I was expecting to buy the Fein. However, after talking to a sub-contractor recently, who owns the Fein...He told me that one of his guys bought the Harbor Freight Chicago multi tool, and that it's every bit as good as the Fein. The Dremel is absolute crap, and no surprise there, but the Chicago tool is only $59.00.

So today I bought one, and for $9.99 bought the 2 year warranty as well. Just take it back for an exchange if anything goes wrong.

Haven't yet used it, but I'll keep you posted if it is indeed a bargain at $110.00 less than the Fein.

fein.jpg

chicagoq.jpg

BTW the blades are a fraction of the Feins as well.

Edited by swt61

Cool, power tools are awesome. I need some to do casework for amps but I guess I need a handheld drill or something? Too poor for a drill press.

Didn't buy but just got a bag of parts that includes some 800V 3A diodes. LOL they are large. Too bad they are not fast/soft recovery. Also a bunch of 741s and some zeners.

Westone 4.

Still too bright. They fixed the bass bloat with the dual bass drivers but now they need to fix the highs. This is the "hey look at me!" sound, bright and flashy and in the long run, annoying.

Why are there no good universal-fit IEMs? In the immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson, "How hard can it be?"

Very, I'm guessing.

Dan quit beer to become a wino.

I just bought two pair SAS shoes for myself and one pair for my mother. Most comfortablest shoes in the universe! They make them in Texas, and you can't buy them on the internet or from catalogs as far as I know, or I would have ten pair. Buying shoes is a depressing experience for me. For every 30 or more seemingly basic, comfy pairs of shoes I'll try on, maybe one will be okay, but usually not completely good. Last pair of SAS I bought was in Michigan four years ago, and I wore them nearly every day for a long time. They're still in great shape, except the leather around the ankle strap (they're sandals) is starting to go. I've been looking for another pair for a couple years, but they've only recently come into my area. Can't tell you how happy I am.

1_ef6360dd5ec2b67385f4ac84dbe898db.jpg

sas_huggy.JPG

If any of you are on your feet all day or just desire the most comfortablest shoes in the universe, check SAS out.

http://www.sasshoes.com/index.php