Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Ahhh Jack, I recall the days of burning through headphones faster than I could find new ones to try...now it takes me at least 6 months! :D

I have indeed been through a ton of headphones this past year.

HD580

HD595

HD600

HD650

SR60

SR225

SR325i

RS-1

HP-2

GS1000

KSC75

W11JPN

W5000

K701

DT 990 '05

DT 770/80 Pro

and now the K340.

Longest lived so far is the HD650. I was telling recstar the other day that if it all blew up tomorrow, I'd start again with an HD650. ;D and jbloudg would build me a sweet dynalo. O0

lets see, i've purchased the HD600s, 650s and PX-200s this year. the 600s are gone, the others get used every day. i really love my 650s, they get used more than my HP-2s, to tell you the truth.

I did that IC with my HP2 because my other cans were getting more head time. Then I panicked and pulled the IC. Problem is that the HP2 is still the best for hearing exactly how a recording sounds. But what happens is I listen to something with the HP2, then think "man this is a good recording, I bet it would sound sweet with the W5000/RS-1/HD650," and I switch headphones. :D

hey, I just came up with the name for my new forum! Head-Time. www.head-time.org, "sorry about you being sorry about their thin skin"

The RS-1s are ok... out of my laptop that is. The build quality really makes the HF-1 look pretty crappy. And they seem lighter to boot. I've been too lazy to turn on my tube amps and haven't really been motivated lately to do a dedicated listen. They are a bit bright though.. atleast ATM they are. I tend to get annoyed with stuff as time passes.

I'm not apologizing for anything, I just can't imagine an Audio Technica sounding better than the K340s! :D

And correct me if I'm wrong, were you using the Melos to drive the K340s? If so, no wonder, that thing blows hard with them... :P

The L3000 aren't just any Audio Technica. Believe me I hate them all. (I have not heard the OOP ones like the W11jpn, W10vtg, etc, etc)

Melos, maxed out M3. The M3 did a hell of a nice job driving them. They still failed when pitted against the leatherheads.

Sorry it's not a custom built amp from McAlister ::)