Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Well not paid yet but I'm getting 'em (with ceramic bearings for the hell of it):

roadwheels.jpg

I figure riding is usually #3 on the list of things I do each week (sleep, work, ride, etc) so why the hell not. My wife asked me "why" and I explained that they wouldn't really make me any faster or competitive but they would make me hang on that last little bit more when the shit hits the fan in the race. Her very knowing response: "ohhhh so it's for our marriage" (i.e. happy Chris = good husband)

Are you going to do it P2P or design a PCB?

It will most likely end up being perfboard + P2P but if I get not-lazy I will try to lay out a PCB design. Any recommendations on a transformer with 400V and two 6.3V secondaries? There's always Antek on the cheap: http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=712

Also really want to buy a stock of 6S4As...

my monthly auto coffee buy (just in time, tomorrow I run out):

Today's Orders will receive:

1lb. El Salvador Santa Rita Jasal

1lb. Indonesian Organic Flores Bajawa

And an Asus RT-N56U wireless router trying to solve my crashing router problem (so far the apple extreme and refurbished e2000 running ddwrt both had problems (different problems) when both my kids were doing their cyber school while I was working)

Well not paid yet but I'm getting 'em (with ceramic bearings for the hell of it):

roadwheels.jpg

I figure riding is usually #3 on the list of things I do each week (sleep, work, ride, etc) so why the hell not. My wife asked me "why" and I explained that they wouldn't really make me any faster or competitive but they would make me hang on that last little bit more when the shit hits the fan in the race. Her very knowing response: "ohhhh so it's for our marriage" (i.e. happy Chris = good husband)

Mega sweet looking wheels! In my world if you look fast, you are fast and those look fast.

Cool Lowthers Marc, I will be really interested in what cabinets you finally go with. Years ago I came realy close to trying my hand at a Lowther DX_ TL project but got intimidated and went with the Fostex.

Oh, finally received notice that my Monzaburo 270mm Gyuto in Aoko blue II steel so it is on it's way.

52b12877_2_4.jpg

Edited by Augsburger

Mega sweet looking wheels! In my world if you look fast, you are fast and those look fast.

If only it were true.

Eewww... plastic wheels :lol:Watch out for these...mark-cavendish-tour-de-suisse-crash.jpg?w=500&h=319

Not only are they plastic but they are tubular so I get to crash like that either due to failure or a rolled tube (like Sagan did yesterday)

I'm really excited that they have no weight limit, come with 4 year crash replacement and since they are bonded together you never need to true them

Those Sam Adams pint glasses that say they make beer moar awesome, but probably don't do squat.
I just bought two more of them, because I don't remember them being US$13/2 the last time I bought them.

The biggest difference I found is that I almost never spill my beer. You have to tilt them really far before it starts to come out. And they're just slightly larger, so the foam almost never goes over the edge either (I can think of exactly once that it did, and that one was particularly foamy).