Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

nope, I'm getting the ipad too. The kindle is just for reading :)

Also just bought:

1250_1_.jpg

Seiko automatic army watch

Got this today. It's a VERY small watch, so I think it's going to end up a gift to my son at some point. It IS nice tho.

Also got the pellican from that newegg deal today.

It will most likely end up being perfboard + P2P but if I get not-lazy I will try to lay out a PCB design. Any recommendations on a transformer with 400V and two 6.3V secondaries? There's always Antek on the cheap: http://www.antekinc....tails.php?p=712

Also really want to buy a stock of 6S4As...

Bloody "new content".... :angry: Anyway, I'd go with a custom made transformer since those 4A filament windings might cause you a lot of trouble as the load isn't that high. There are also some R-cores out there but they aren't always available.

Everybody needs a few 6S4A's around... :)

I let my daughter off the hook. She sounds exhausted from a week of partying at sea. I will got to Best Buy at 4:15 and see if I can get a ticket. Otherwise, I should have one by the end of next week or early the following week. The wait online has gone from shipping in 3 to 5 days to shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. I'm glad I ordered when I did.

And NAS flexibility still isnt' there. The mini, with home sharing turned on and new IOS 4.3 means I can stream all my media on the ipad, iphone, ipod touch, appletvs, and everyone in the house's computer.

Probably not as flexible as a mini, but the Synology NAS I bought is able to stream music (and presumably other media, but I haven't tried) to my iPad. I did have to use the free Synology iPad app to do it, but it works pretty well. With the new iOS4.3 for iPad, which I installed last night, I may try the Synology iTunes server to see if that will stream, as well.

It also appears as a server in my XBox 360 and I've played music through that. I think it will stream to anything that has the latest media standard (DLNA?).

AKG K340s from a local seller. Not sure why, as I've never liked them, but rumor is their production variance is large and I got them on the cheap.

My problems with them were limited to the fact that I thought they sounded best when driven at levels that I wasn't comfortable listening at. At "reasonable" levels I liked other cans better. They also do take some juice to drive well.