Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I just coughed up $43 for this CD single.

IZT40.jpg

Out of my mind? Probably. I now have a bunch of the earliest tracks by The Mackenzie (an artist I've ) in clean digital form. The 24/96 vinyl rips I have sound nice enough but I'm never overly trusting of other people's attempts and A/D conversion. I previously paid $SHIT_TON for this comp, but I was disappointed by the fact that many of the tracks a truncated 7" mixes. "Freak Out" suffers especially badly. The above CD single has none of these problems.

lots of beer...

& since i'm bored i'll list it heh...

1 375ml Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme

1 375ml Lost Abbey Red Poppy

2 650ml Port Brewing Mongo

1 750ml The Bruery Provisions Cuadruple

1 750ml The Bruery Loakal Red

1 750ml Mikkeller Koppi Tomahawk x Guji Natural Coffee IPA

3 750ml Jolly Pumpkin EYO (iO) Saison

1 650ml Firestone Walker Double Jack

1 650ml Stone Old Guardian Belgo-Barley Wine

all online...i bought a few other beers locally, but nothing special...

I just placed a large-ish order with Juno's download site. I got two albums that were utterly unobtanium any other whay. One Tnt Recordings, which I know little about. The other is the most recent (as in last fall) album from Chris Zippel, a German downtempo producer I have been a fan of since the late 90s. He now lives in Ibiza (the lucky bum) but still managed to put out a new release every few years. I've got several record orders pending on Discogs, and then I will have officially shot through my paypal balance. :palm:

Macbook Pro, the basic one for $1799.

Took my old MPB in for repair yet again (5th time now in 3+ years) and decided to upgrade to the new edition in the meantime. Old MBP is out of warranty but still being covered as a "repeat repair" which apparently means it will be getting a more serious look this time. Runs really hot then burn everything out. Was just fixed in January and has already fried again. Will probably be handed down to a niece or nephew.

Macbook Pro, the basic one for $1799.

Took my old MPB in for repair yet again (5th time now in 3+ years) and decided to upgrade to the new edition in the meantime. Old MBP is out of warranty but still being covered as a "repeat repair" which apparently means it will be getting a more serious look this time. Runs really hot then burn everything out. Was just fixed in January and has already fried again. Will probably be handed down to a niece or nephew.

Did you see my post a few months ago about the class action lawsuit for that NVIDIA integrated video chip that keeps overheating? I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit:

Found it:

'FYI, if you are having or have had video problems with your MBP purchased between May 2007 and Sep 2008, there is a pending class action lawsuit likely to be settled by NVIDIA on Dec 20, 2010. There is an issue regarding overheating and related video card (GPU) failures. You may be entitled to reimbursement or replacement. I recently got Dell to replace my D630 for ongoing problems likely related to this.

The NVIDIA GPU Litigation - Home Page '

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

Oh, damn, it looks like you just missed the claim date. And now I don't see MBP as being listed. But I'm certain listed it was in December. I believe it was the Nvidia NVS135M chip. If yours has this, you could still easily find stuff all over the web referencing overheating problems with this chip, and maybe get a sweet deal from Apple? This thing fried my motherboard or neighboring chips 3 separate times in 2 years, and Dell replaced my laptop for free.

Edited by jvlgato

Oh, damn, it looks like you just missed the claim date. And now I don't see MBP as being listed. But I'm certain listed it was in December. I believe it was the Nvidia NVS135M chip. If yours has this, you could still easily find stuff all over the web referencing overheating problems with this chip, and maybe get a sweet deal from Apple? This thing fried my motherboard or neighboring chips 3 separate times in 2 years, and Dell replaced my laptop for free.

The Nvidia GPU on my sister's Inspiron 9400 died a while ago. Since the computer was out of warranty, I just bought a compatible ATi GPU on eBay and replaced it myself. Didn't know about the settlement until I saw this. :palm:

Did you see my post a few months ago about the class action lawsuit for that NVIDIA integrated video chip that keeps overheating? I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit:

Found it:

'FYI, if you are having or have had video problems with your MBP purchased between May 2007 and Sep 2008, there is a pending class action lawsuit likely to be settled by NVIDIA on Dec 20, 2010. There is an issue regarding overheating and related video card (GPU) failures. You may be entitled to reimbursement or replacement. I recently got Dell to replace my D630 for ongoing problems likely related to this.

The NVIDIA GPU Litigation - Home Page '

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html

Thanks! I'll look into it. Even the new MBP runs a little hot, but nothing like the old one!

I read a bunch of reviews and this laptop/netbook seems to me like a sweet spot between form factor, power and price. Only thing I don't like is the 6-cell battery sticking out, I ordered the 3-cell because of that, but I'm having second thoughts. Which battery did you get?

I read a bunch of reviews and this laptop/netbook seems to me like a sweet spot between form factor, power and price. Only thing I don't like is the 6-cell battery sticking out, I ordered the 3-cell because of that, but I'm having second thoughts. Which battery did you get?

I went with the 6 cell, the bump doesn't bother me at all. I may order a 3-cell for backup but not right away. And I agree, price/performance wise it's a great option (from what I've read).