Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Thanks Mike. Five Fingers could be next if these work out. I have them on now and I love them already. Of course, we'll see what my calves have to say after I run in them. I have wide feet (hobbit like) and New Balance's toe box works well for me. I have another pair of NBs, but they are super structured and I'm sick of such huge sneakers.

I need room in the toe box as well. The Kharhus have the most room of any shoe I've worn. Are you going to start running midfoot striking instead of heel striking? I assume so from your shoe pick and your comment on your calves. I started GFR (good form running last week and my calves were pretty sore for a few days but better by my 4th time out. It takes some getting used to. You may want to consider the sock that covers your calves. I used it to train and run my last marathon and it was a big help. Now I need to find my pair so I can hopefully reduce the calf soreness.

Nice shoes! I love New Balance running shoes, my feet are wide too and their 2E size is perfect. I'm in the market for new shoes right now and I'm quite curious about the whole "barefoot running" thing, but I'm worried about how my body would react to the change and possible injuries. Currently training for marathon next summer so I'm not sure if it's a good time to make the change.

I'll let you know how it goes, Guillaume. If you do end up going with the Minimuseses, I recommend going at least 1/2 a size up if you have wide feet. I also wear wide in the NBs and I went up a half size in the Minimus because they only come in D widths. But they feel great.