Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Shun Santoku 5 1/2" at Sur La Table for $60, no box. I was there to buy a pizza peel and saw it on sale and then another 15% off since it was on display. It's in perfect shape and pretty sharp. It's perfect for my wife. I think I will pick up a larger one down the road.

did you buy them on bluray or was it not possible?

Idiocracy was only released on DVD, the rest were purchased on blu-ray.

Also just bought a Foscam FI8918W wireless IP camera off of 1saleaday and IP Cam Viewer off of the android market. I've been meaning to set up something to see who is entering and doing what in my apartment and possibly set up one in the car in case someone pulls a hit and run or keys my vehicle. Should be fun. :)

Edited by manaox2

As long as your bluray player plays dvds, I don't see the reason to upgrade character driven movies...hell, at this point, a lot of those movies are available to stream on netflix or amazon.

True enough, but we all have our favorite movies just like we do with music. Thus, we're sometimes willing to pay for format upgrades hoping that we'll get the last 5% or even 1% that was left on the table the last time around. That, and the extras, of course.

True enough, but we all have our favorite movies just like we do with music. Thus, we're sometimes willing to pay for format upgrades hoping that we'll get the last 5% or even 1% that was left on the table the last time around. That, and the extras, of course.
This is somewhat of an ironic response, considering grawk has purchased the same record multiple times to try to get that last 5% out of it.

I'm with you, Wayne. I still need a good transfer of From Dusk Til Dawn (which, admittedly, does not entirely fall under the "character-driven" moniker) to high-def.

As long as your bluray player plays dvds, I don't see the reason to upgrade character driven movies...hell, at this point, a lot of those movies are available to stream on netflix or amazon.

For the same reason elephas pays the extra cash to get Rihanna on SACD.

^^^ My fave too.

Got an iPhone 4. What a major improvement over my old 3G.

Quick and snappy with better battery life and a great gps that actually works better for geocaching than my Garmin.

Maybe placebo but I think it sounds better too.

Edited by MoonShine

Kyocera CM-45 CF Hand Coffee Grinder

My old grinder died and I did some online reading to find a replacement. Never thought there could so much information and discussion about coffee grinders. It looks like a hand grinder is my best bet for a burr grinder unless I want to spend north of 200$ so I went with that.