Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

170120088_2ca186c03d_z.jpg

Gotta love how people are practically giving away 21" CRT monitors these days.

Picked up 2 of them for $20.

Nice, I see you got an aperture-grille - for photography work, I'm guessing. ;) I had an AG CRT too some years ago but it literally went up in smoke one day, kinda miss it. Any reason you went with an AG CRT over an IPS LCD?

So many CRT's for about $20 at the thrift store. It does make a some sense to go that route if you have space and can handle the hum and power usage over IPS LCD. Cheap now, maybe expensive in the long run. The contrast and viewing angles on those are pretty darn good (viewing angle on CRTs are the best) along with the response times being fair for games and video. Bad news is the large pixels and non-HD resolutions.

Nice, I see you got an aperture-grille - for photography work, I'm guessing. ;) I had an AG CRT too some years ago but it literally went up in smoke one day, kinda miss it. Any reason you went with an AG CRT over an IPS LCD?

There's some photography work but it's mostly for video editing. My riding group is shooting a ton of footage for our mountain bike videos so I needed a new monitor to do the editing. As for why, well, I have the space, 2 for $20, and electricity is pretty darn cheap where I live.

Bought a bunch of books for work, a bunch of CDs, including a pre-order for the new Gillian Welch, a few Kindle books, and a new Kindle. I gave my mom my old one when I got my ipad, but I miss it, and actually prefer it for reading. I finally remembered to use the link from here for Amazon, so Head-case can get a little support. I wish I remembered to use it all the time.

I think i got the exact same one for free for my office last week. 1800x1440 for free is a good deal :)

If it's a P1110, you can do the resistor mod if the monitor looks washed out and the color return function doesn't fix it. I had to swap resistors on one of mine to get the blacks to be black instead of grey. Apparently it's a common defect with these monitors.

I finally remembered to use the link from here for Amazon, so Head-case can get a little support. I wish I remembered to use it all the time.
Two suggestions: 1. bookmark it that way. 2. I don't know how you get to amazon, but I type "goldbox" and the browser brings up all pages that I've ever went to with "goldbox" either in the URL, or in the text, and then hit down arrow once for the one I go to the most. I suspect you do something similar, except with "amazon". Might I suggest typing the full url, I.E.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/&tag=headcaseorg-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/&tag=headcaseorg-20

and then the first couple times clicking down arrow to the one with the tag. Once you do that more than a couple times, it'll probably show up as second on the list (the other one being the non-tagged version). Then you'll have to hit down arrow twice to get to it. And then once you've done that enough times, it'll eventually drift to the top spot (I.E. one down-arrow).

If you already have a bookmark, just edit the bookmark, and add the "&tag=..." part to the end of it.