Little Shipment came in...

IMG_0048.jpg

Linkwood 1984 / 26 Year Old / Cask #5266 / 57.6% Adelphi

Springbank 10 Year Old / Port Wood / 58.5% OB Private Bottling - Jamieson

Springbank 10 Year Old / Madeira Wood / 57.5% OB Private Bottling - Jamieson

Invergordon 1972 Single Grain / 36 Year Old / 44.5% Bladnoch Forum Bottling

Talisker 25 Year Old / Bot. 2009 / 54.8% OB

CHEERS!

damn, son. that Linkwood, especially, should be really good stuff. i had a cask strength '85 (bottled in 2005) that was out of this world good. i have not had Scotch whisky in nearly 7 months. i need to fix that.

Big Linkwood fan - looking forward to the Adelphi.

Long distance tracking system for my cat and dog:

unfolded.jpg

collar_w_shadow.jpg

This way we can track them down in the country. I think for the first time in years I may be able to let my dog off leash :)

Got this today. Pretty ficking cool other than you look like a nutter walking around with the tracker. No more lost cat, ever :)

Jim, can you note any comparison to Hendrick's? That's what I've had most recently.....did open the Blackwoods just to try it, but wasn't the best of conditions, just poured a tiny bit into an OJ glass :P

Hendricks has a cucumber and a bit of pepper taste to it. The Gale force has more juniper (but not like Junipero) flavor. Hendricks to me is an outlier among gins flavor wise. Not that that is a bad thing or I wouldn't have a bottle of Hendricks in the house. When I was getting back into gin, both Shelly and Al suggested using a Blanc vermouth rather than dry when making a Hendricks Martini. That was an excellent suggestion. I've drunk quite a bit of gin out of all kinds of non approved glassware, just not very good gin and not recently. :)

Edited by morphsci