Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

:) I should hope not!

Can I have an Amen!

Jim, I have the exact pair of Keen's. Despite all the minimalism in shoes lately, I still love my Keens. Nice fridge, I think we are going to get something similar by the end of the year.

The Keens have been my "summer" shoe for a good while now. I will be trying on some of the minimal shoes but I don't see them replacing the Keens. We had actually been planning on buying an LG refrigerator next summer but the sale price was so good on this we could not pass it up.

Jesus christ, a black refrigerator.

Want.

Somehow I thought you would approve. :)

Good pick-ups Todd. I can't say I mourn the loss of Borders because they caused the loss of so many independent booksellers but now that they are one of the few book stores it is still a loss.

Congrats (one each) on the shoes and awesome black fridge. And Amen brother! I have taken the same vermouth-related pledge and intend to damn well keep it! I have tossed out too many partial bottles and I am done with that.

Have fun with the Bijou, Brian. I had Naaman's for awhile and it is a nice amp.

those were nice monitors. not sure i could ever go back to a CRT myself, though it's space savings more than anything else. how is the brightness on the tube? quality control was always a problem with tubes. it makes complete sense, when you think about it.

Brightness seems to be fine, I have to set brightness & contrast on the higher end of the range to get a good picture but there's still some room left for adjustment if it fades some more. I have a couple LCD monitors setup at my trading computer, they're great for web browsing, reading text, and doing trades but pictures & movies just never looked quite right on them. So I've been hunting down all the large cheap & free CRT monitors people are posting in the local classifieds and cherry picking the best ones.

I can appreciate the color accuracy, and really liked my MicronPC relabeled Sony Trinitron monitor, but after several hours of use my eyes were so strained. Even running it at a high refresh rate. I could never go back now that IPS panels have gotten so good.

PWD w/ bridge from the 'gon. Finally. Been wanting this for a while now. Guess I needed a few hikes in the mountains to clear my head! Or is it the thin air that's got me lightheaded? :)

Congratulations! I've been eyeing it for a while now(no bridge though...)

I think you'll reallly like the sound. The software still needs work, gapless, etc...

I don't need too much fancy stuff other than great sound. I hope for a good interface via iPad, though.

Congratulations! I've been eyeing it for a while now(no bridge though...)

Thanks! You don't want the bridge, or did you want the bridge, but the one you're eyeing doesn't have it?

I saw that one that was a recent return/upgrade 10/10 'mint' from Audio Video Logic without the bridge. I saw a recent return/used bridge from a different seller, and told AV Logic I was interested, but preferred to deal with one company and make one transaction, and asked if they could match the price on that used bridge if I bought the PWD from them. They immediately said yes, they'd just install it for me prior to shipping it, for the same used price. Haven't gotten it yet, so we'll see ... I'm not expecting any problems, though.

Edited by jvlgato