Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Nikon 40mm f/2.8 DX AF-S Micro lens

I had some amazon cash and thought this would be nice as a light "all-in-one" outdoor walkaround plus closeup. It seems like a better length than the 60mm (on DX) for everyday use and is a lot cheaper. It probably couldn't do a great 1:1 macro because of lighting but there are many times that I am walking around taking pictures and I would like to take some closeups of flowers (closer than I can get with the 35mm non-micro). Also, the f/2.8 should be ok for outdoor photos. Should be able to take some decent food pictures as well. Plan to still keep the 35mm f/1.8 and 100mm f/2.8 macro that I have of course.

13710675-md.jpg

I've had one for awhile. I've been paranoid longer.

I'm hoping it works well. I've never really had a need for one as I almost never took anything aside from a laptop when I went on a trip/vacation (and I have a lock for that). However, now that I've a got a dSLR setup I'd like to bring along, my paranoia got the better of me, especially when I learned the renal condo we're staying at doesn't have a safe/vault in the main office.

I'm hoping it works well. I've never really had a need for one as I almost never took anything aside from a laptop when I went on a trip/vacation (and I have a lock for that). However, now that I've a got a dSLR setup I'd like to bring along, my paranoia got the better of me, especially when I learned the renal condo we're staying at doesn't have a safe/vault in the main office.

Worked well for us while staying at "affordable" accommodations in Europe as well as various camping trips. It has held up well also.

Thanks Jim!

You're very welcome.

Hoped to pick up some more Creole Shrubb and Mandarine Napoleon but the little liquor store didn't have them. Instead, I picked up this bottle of Grand Imperial orange liqueur. Could not find any information on it online but the guy at the store says that it is as good or better than Grand Marnier and it was on sale for $20 (although usually the people at this store are full of shit).

bj28p.jpg

Had a little taste and it is actually pretty good. It is a bit sweeter and has a lot less burn than Grand Marnier. It is really easy to drink neat - could be dangerous. I am not sure it would be great in a margarita because it is a little too smooth - will have to try. :)

Nope, making sous vide chicken tikka masala tonight. Might drink some of the wine though. Yes, I think I will at that.

But you've recently decided to start wearing pants while cooking?

Must've had a bad bacon incident eh?