Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Yeah, I got back out for the first time in a long time last year and realized how much I'd missed it. My old skis were spanked and I got a hell of a deal on the AC's, 60% off. Odd to buy skis from Arizona but the price was right.

Have fun with them? One of the advantages, actually the only advantage, to living where you do is easy access to skiing. :)

A 25 rose bouquet for my wife.

barleycrushers.jpg

Got the little guy on the left. Been brewing all-grain from the start and it's time to get a fresher grind than having them do it in the store, usually a day or two before brewing. That's without mentioning the quality of the grind from their well-used device.

spiral-8inch_1.jpg

Also a variety of these guys, oak infusion spirals. Apparently has the same effect as a barrel and completes its work in 6 weeks. Picked up some french and american sticks with different toast levels. Lots of options.

Edited by NightWoundsTime

Skullcandy Aviators for my son based upon Tyll's Innerfidelity review. prettyprincess.gif My son won't listen to me but he listened to Tyll. All the young kids in his age group rave about the Dres and funnily enough there is a great war going on with the Skull Candy fans versus the Dre fans. None of the kids have ever heard anything else let alone done some serious listening comparisons, but that doesn't stop them, the know their phones are the bestest. I am making great progress, I just need to stop him before he discovers the Blue Hawaii and 009s.

D-link 8-port and 5-port gigabit switches. I'm getting some parts of the house wired for ethernet tomorrow. We really should have done this when we built the house (stupid). I have a friend who owns the company doing the wiring, and so it will be cheaper than installing AC powerline networking adapters all around the house. And with the job I'll get an intercom between the kitchen and basement theater room as well, so we don't have to scream at the kids to come up when we need them.

I'm looking forward to faster transfers between computers, NAS and our 1st gen Apple TVs. Even the PS3 and Xbox 360 should see an improvement when streaming video from my NAS or Twonky on the iMac. Our WiFi router is two floors away from the game systems, and we still get stuttering video even with an Airport Express as an extender. I'll now be able to move one of our Airport Extremes to the basement as an access point, and connect it to the 8-port switch so we'll have strong and fast WiFi down there.

I have a 4 pack of Olde School in the fridge. I will give one a try and let the others rest.

Same here, have about two weeks down. My Stone barley wines have about 7 months on them now and my collection of stouts have been aged about a year, I'll have to take a picture soon.

See perhaps you guys will start to appreciate the work we wine drinkers go through to max out the goodness of our beverages. I never would have thought brewskies needed aging perhaps you guys should consider cellering buildout options for your man caves?

See perhaps you guys will start to appreciate the work we wine drinkers go through to max out the goodness of our beverages. I never would have thought brewskies needed aging perhaps you guys should consider cellering buildout options for your man caves?

I was just going to get a cheapish wine cooler for my brews while I am still renting.

How about aged cocktails? I just got this newsletter via email from 'Craft Distillers/Caddell-Williams':

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/164580/724fa9cef7/1476540381/7245f8e4a4/

'We have some new and AMAZING stuff at www.caddellwilliams.com! If you have been in a trendy bar recently, you maybe got offered a barrel-aged cocktail, the work of individual bartenders. I started noticing them early this year, and in May talked with Crispin Cain and Joe Corley, out at the distillery. If anyone is good at blending and aging spirits, it’s them.

Something great happens when you allow the ingredients in a good cocktail time to integrate and to deepen by interaction over time. Our first trials made our jaws drop. Next we spent four months experimenting with recipes suggested by SF bartender Darren Crawford. Devin Cain (Crispin’s son) made several creative suggestions and did much work deriving the ultimate blends.'

Peak/Volcano arrived today! Hopefully I'll get some time to set up and have a listen.

Awesome!

Edited by jvlgato