Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I can't complain. I've put this together piecemeal with no formal estimate for the project as a whole, and my friend who just eyeballed the project at the start, and will be the assistant in the installation, has been dead accurate. I was just hoping that he was crazy with his guess, and I could come in lower by doing my own footwork. I was wrong. He was right. So my adjusted attitude is with myself, not anyone else. :-)

Our bathroom took a while as most of the guys were doing the work on the side but even without that, a weekend seems a wee bit optimistic. We needed a plumber, tile setter, shower door installer, cabinet installer, and electrician. Coordinating them took some juggling. Good luck with the remodel. I would love to redo our master bath but that will have to wait.

Nice. I'm getting sidi ergo 3s once they come in at my shop.... I just want a pair of shoes to fit perfectly.

I bought some esoles insoles to try and fix my specialized pro shoes but the company sent the wrong size. I was all excited to try them out today.

Edited by Dreadhead

Let me know what you think of the Esoles insoles, I saw them recently when buying bike socks but not knowing anyone who had them I decided to wait for a while. My bike shop no longer stocks Sidi so I will be looking at another brand made with lots of carbon fiber, I never liked the aesthetics of the Shimano shoes before but the few he stocked felt pretty comfortable. What the heck, carbon frame, stem(?), seat post, handle bars and even sunglass frames, I just need to upgrade to carbon wheels and shoes and then I will be complete.

I was looking at the shimano and Bont Vaypor shoes.

If I don't like the ergos I may give the bont a shot because you can do the custom molding yourself. I didn't go with them because I like wearing thicker socks in the winter and I was concerned the fit would be so perfect as to not allow that.

They are gaudy as heck in some colors but the diadora shoes are supposed to be really nice too and Evans wears them.

As I think I posted earlier my bike tool is carbon.....

Edited by Dreadhead

Our bathroom took a while as most of the guys were doing the work on the side but even without that, a weekend seems a wee bit optimistic. We needed a plumber, tile setter, shower door installer, cabinet installer, and electrician. Coordinating them took some juggling. Good luck with the remodel. I would love to redo our master bath but that will have to wait.

Thanks, Mike!

We only have one shower, so we're really hoping we at least have a working shower when we start our day on Monday morning! My good friend who is assisting thinks we will. The paid contractor (my friend's brother in law's best friend) will be doing all the work with my friend (who should be a contractor, and took a week off of work to do this, because he thinks it's fun!) assisting. Hopefully, since they won't have to coordinate among different workers, it'll be quicker. Also, we'll be visiting my family in Cleveland for Thanksgiving weekend, so we'll be out of their way. But it's still probably wishful thinking. My friend's wife even said so.

Really, they can stick around as long as they want, as long as the shower is working, I'll be happy. When my buddy came to assess the project, he walked around the house and found other things to fix in the house, too. So they're also going to fix the lighting that doesn't work in the basement. Oh, and may as well replace the old ceiling down there, while they're at it. You can't get the lighting trim installed in the kitchen ceiling for the last 5 years? Sure, we'll do that, too. In fact, just make a list of things that are wrong in the house and we'll fix it while we're there. We'll have a brand new house when we get back from Thanksgiving!

I really think anyone who can fix anything in a house is a genius, because I can't do anything like that. Watching those two walk through the house discussing this stuff was incredible to me, because they both saw stuff I never noticed in the 11 years I've lived here!

Nikon-D7000-DSLR.jpg

Technically I didn't buy it since it was a warranty replacement for my D80 which went tits up back in early October. I had Best Buy's service plan on it, actually I'd extended the plan beyond the original 3 years and took it in figuring they'd fix it. Evidently parts weren't readily available and after a little pushing they agreed to authorize an exchange. According to the guy at BB this is extremely rare on plans outside their original duration, he'd only seen it one other time. They also forgot to charge me for the difference between this kit and the D80 kit that I bought in 2007. Double win. Initial impressions are very good. The low light performance blows away the D80 and the overall feel of the camera is much nicer. Not sure I'll ever shoot video for it but I may give it a try and see how it does.

Nate, I'll be very thankful if you could confirm that the D7000 camera has the overexposing tendency which is said on all reviews I've read, or maybe that's been fixed --maybe firmware update-- on latest units. Besides, congratulations for that great deal grin.gif

When shooting my D300 on VIVID in bright conditions I always dial in -0.7EV compensation, if too dark I can always rescue the shadows. I think that little overexposure on some conditions is always plaguing Nikon.

Nikon-D7000-DSLR.jpg

Technically I didn't buy it since it was a warranty replacement for my D80 which went tits up back in early October. I had Best Buy's service plan on it, actually I'd extended the plan beyond the original 3 years and took it in figuring they'd fix it. Evidently parts weren't readily available and after a little pushing they agreed to authorize an exchange. According to the guy at BB this is extremely rare on plans outside their original duration, he'd only seen it one other time. They also forgot to charge me for the difference between this kit and the D80 kit that I bought in 2007. Double win. Initial impressions are very good. The low light performance blows away the D80 and the overall feel of the camera is much nicer. Not sure I'll ever shoot video for it but I may give it a try and see how it does.

I didn't even know you could extend the Best Buy product service plan and I worked there :o

Nice, Nate! I'm surprised they replaced it with D7000 considering D90 is still in the lineup.

They didn't even question it and I was pretty sure they were going to since the 90 would have been a dollar for dollar swap based on the "value" of the D80. Oh well for them, good news for me.

Nate, I'll be very thankful if you could confirm that the D7000 camera has the overexposing tendency which is said on all reviews I've read, or maybe that's been fixed --maybe firmware update-- on latest units. Besides, congratulations for that great deal grin.gif

I'd read the same thing but doubt it'll be something that I ever have to care about. Everything is a compromise of sorts and the pros far outweigh the cons for this (for me).

I didn't even know you could extend the Best Buy product service plan and I worked there ohmy.png

Me either until they sent me a letter asking me if I wanted to. I was like, "WTF, I don't even have to bring the camera in to show it to them?" Best $100 (or so) I ever spent.