Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Saucony Cortana.

Wanted to try a low drop shoe and was considering the Kinvara 2 at first. I really like the light weight of the Kinvaras but my heel kept on slipping no matter how tight I'm laced up. The Cortanas are a bit heavier but the fit was nice and secure so I went with it.

IMG_8214.jpg

^^^ Cool. That is the one I usually go to. The last time I was there, the selection of bitters and mixers was mighty slim.

I asked if they planned to carry the Fever Tree stuff regularly, and the guy gave me a firm maybe. He said Fever Tree (or their distributor) is picky about the order sizes, so if demand is good they can keep it in stock.

Thanks, Shelly.

Actually, I tried to order it via the website last weekend, and could not see a place to add it to the cart. So I ordered it via telephone, and it was nice to talk to him!

Then Monday afternoon, I checked back, and saw that the web site changed, and it could be added to the cart. So, you're not alone. Looks like he's fixed that!

Raffy! I like my Sauconys. After wearing Brooks for a while I found the Saucony to fit me better.

I'm coming from a pair of Brooks too. Actually, I've used 2 pairs of Ghost 3's over the past year (Crossfit just tears shoes up every 4-6 months) and I just wanted to check out Saucony again. I tried the Triumph 8 last year which was too heavy and had a shitty fit on me, I tried the Triumph 9 this week too which had way better fit than the 8 and is a little bit lighter too. I went with the Cortana as it had the best heel fit by far and is quite plush without feeling too mushy.

Nice, very cool. Once I get back on track and finish my table, and start acquiring vinyl again, perhaps I will be able to track one down.

I've used my friend's and the armwand machines are pretty good, he thinks it was an upgrade from his VPI 17. I've certainly got great results with vinyl I couldn't get sufficiently quiet on my own.

Some videos on Youtube of DIY machines, but I lack the skillz and tools :)

Some suitably garish Italian cycling gear:

68440-2.jpg

It appears they are not carrying the pure black version in the US so unless I want to pay a lot more for a euro version I guess I'm going to have to live with this as the lesser of two evils and it goes well with my club's kit anyway.

Edited by Dreadhead

Nice, very cool. Once I get back on track and finish my table, and start acquiring vinyl again, perhaps I will be able to track one down.

I've got you down on my calendar as finishing up all DIY projects in 2023. And me about 2 years later. :)