Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

So I finally broke down and bought the westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV. I really like it. It's about 450 dollars cheaper than the samsung with only subtle differences in image quality. You can tell if you scrutinize dark scenes in movies. Black is a little grey on this TV. I'm really glad I got it. I'm writing this post on it right now.

So I finally broke down and bought the westinghouse 32" LCD HDTV. I really like it. It's about 450 dollars cheaper than the samsung with only subtle differences in image quality. You can tell if you scrutinize dark scenes in movies. Black is a little grey on this TV. I'm really glad I got it. I'm writing this post on it right now.

nice, I bought a 32" westy lcd hdtv last december, it has been a great TV. My one complaint is that occasionally (I maybe notice it once a week) I see some minor ghosting. I think this is just a necessary evil when dealing with budget LCDs.

The best way I found to adjust all the color/hue/brightness/saturation etc settings is to just look at the actor's skin. Adjust until the skin is lifelike. As for backlight, I wait for a scene that is inside a house or building, but with windows letting sunlight in. I adjust the backlight until the light is bright and lifelike, but not overbearing.

Ok... anyways, speaking of google. I had a look at the TV's at costco and vizio is only available in the US. :(

They have a Daytek one for a bit more with similar specs though... http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10291162&whse=BCCA&Ne=5000000+4000000&eCat=BCCA|79&N=4008767%205000014&Mo=7&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-CA&Sp=C

Yeah it can on the internet but my only credit card only goes up to 500 dollars. This was the best deal I could find locally.

My reasoning for not getting a great LCD is that in four years when I'm looking for a new TV, LCD's will be miles better at around the same cost and the entry models now. I can live with a sub par TV for the next few years till then. Right now it's such a step up from my last TV that I've been on a 8 hour gears of war marathon just living it up! :dance:

Stereo version; mono version; and bonus tracks. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Piper-at-Gates-Dawn/dp/tracks/B000T05R8Q/ref=dp_tracks_all_3/103-2678452-7779837]Amazon.com link[/ame]

The best thing about it is the alternate versions of Interstellar Overdrive -- I have the French EP from which they're culled, and they are worth the price of admission alone.

I don't have a preorder fairy -- I refuse to give him my credit card number.

I love that album. What's on the other 2 disks?

disc one - mono

disc two - stereo

disc three:

Arnold Layne

Candy and a Currant Bun

See Emily Play

Apples And Oranges

Paintbox

Insterstellar Overdrive (french edit)

apples and oranges (stereo version)

matilda mother (alternative version)

interstellar overdrive (take 6)