Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

another bexley 2007 owner's club LE, but this is the one in amber with gold trim. I hadn't planned on buying this one but it popped up on the pentrace marketplace for teh supercheap.

also just bought a hagusb and a coaxial from blue jeans cable, so I got that going on for whenever I get a CDP with a digital in.

I debated whether or not to post this at all, it's bound to not sit well with certain folks who also tried to purchase it. I don't really know why I was chosen... But anyway, here's my most recent addition to my work rig (not really), ken36's Wadia 830. Still it sounds wonderful through the mini3.

Pardon the crappy picture, our work cameras are dreadful.

large.jpg

It probably needs a new remote (wicked flakey) and has an issue with the digital inputs (confirmed this morning) and since those parts aren't available from Wadia anymore I'm not hopeful that it can be repaired and it also doesn't have the digital output board so it can't serve as a dedicated transport which is what I was really hoping to use it for. Even with all that I'm sure that I can find a place for it at home.

I debated whether or not to post this at all, it's bound to not sit well with certain folks who also tried to purchase it. I don't really know why I was chosen... But anyway, here's my most recent addition to my work rig (not really), ken36's Wadia 830. Still it sounds wonderful through the mini3.

Pardon the crappy picture, our work cameras are dreadful.

large.jpg

It probably needs a new remote (wicked flakey) and has an issue with the digital inputs (confirmed this morning) and since those parts aren't available from Wadia anymore I'm not hopeful that it can be repaired and it also doesn't have the digital output board so it can't serve as a dedicated transport which is what I was really hoping to use it for. Even with all that I'm sure that I can find a place for it at home.

You should donate it to the dc meet ;)

i'm confused as to why you bought it...

Uh, well, considering the price (which shall go unnamed) it was impossible to pass up. The whole situation started out that I was going to try and repair it for Ken but he decided that he just wanted to move on from it and get something that he knew he could depend on. People were giving him a ration of shit about the way in which he was selling it (I don't know all the details of this) so I helped in the only way I could and bought it.

I'm also having thoughts of building a single box comp-as-source solution and housing the Hertsens w/ the SB3 in which case having a balanced Redbook source would be very handy.