Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

dam that's oldschool, is it expensive to maintain? Gopher has a used 5 series he picked he likes it alot... I want to probably lease a new car though, or finance something new... Mainly I want to only have it for 2 or 3 years.

Yes, it's expensive to maintain. It's a finicky pain in the ass. But DAMN fun to drive. And I have less than $2000 in it.

i liked those body styles way more then the mid 90's one... now that they have a classic look to them I can see why it's really appealing. Usually i'm not a huge fan of bmw's, but in the price range the 328 seems like the best car to get. If i can throw down what I get for my max as a downpayment on a lease, and have a 400ish car payment i'm probably thinking it's a good call.

My buddy had the 335i, he liked it a lot.. Until he totaled it this summer. It's just too pricey I think. U think a new bmw for 3 years will be low on the maintenance side? Can do my own basic stuff for the car I guess, like oil changes or whatever...

I'd lease a 135i, and have the dealer do all the maintenance. But if you're stretching at $400 a month, you should get a japanese car. BMWs are a pain in the ass if you don't keep up with the maintenance.

i liked those body styles way more then the mid 90's one... now that they have a classic look to them I can see why it's really appealing. Usually i'm not a huge fan of bmw's, but in the price range the 328 seems like the best car to get. If i can throw down what I get for my max as a downpayment on a lease, and have a 400ish car payment i'm probably thinking it's a good call.

My buddy had the 335i, he liked it a lot.. Until he totaled it this summer. It's just too pricey I think. U think a new bmw for 3 years will be low on the maintenance side? Can do my own basic stuff for the car I guess, like oil changes or whatever...

I don't know how it is where you live, but here, BMW covers all maintenance within your warranty period. So leasing for 3 years means no maintenance bills for yourself. You definitely have to factor that in when you think about getting a BMW. My friend just got a Z4 in stick and our friend told him if/when he burns his clutch out (never drove stick until he got the Z4), bring it in and it'll be replaced under maintenance. =T You don't have to pay for oil changes or anything.

As for the IS300, it's a monster of a car (handling). I had alot of fun driving it, never having to slow down for turns. It makes you feel like you're glued to the seat. As for the IS350, it's a bit more luxurious, and I've never been in a 350. I have a few friends with the IS250 AWD, but they're going to definitely drive differently.

GTi's are ridiculously fun to drive. Before I got my IS300 (just sold it on Tuesday), I used to drive my friend's all the time. But put some snow down and that car will slide to hell.

How did you like the IS300? I took a brief test drive in an automatic when they first came out (iirc 2000?) and thought it was pretty fun, this coming from a BMW fanboy :D

Congrats on your new car, Ian! I want pics. ;D

Crappy rainy-day picture:

1195224379_dscn0187.jpg

So far I've been very happy with it. It was great for the trip to NY for the meet, and other than driving a couple of miles each way to work and 20 miles or so roundtrip to UNH for coaching a few times a week, it's not going to get a whole lot of use. I'm still getting used to how small it is... Having driven a lifted Grand Cherokee for the last two years, and a Passat before that, this thing is tiny!

And a few pics of the condo, which I should be closing on in a few weeks. It's amazing what 5 weeks worth of work can do to a space...

1195008309_dscn3868.jpg

1195008655_dscn3863.jpg

1195008280_dscn3866.jpg

1195008715_dscn3865.jpg

The whole cathedral space with the loft is pretty cool. And the floor plan being broken up as much as it is actually makes it feel even bigger than the 1300 sf or so that it actually is. The only problem is it's a little tough to hang pictures up on the sloped walls, which is all that's left after putting up my bookcases.

Signed limited The Shadow of the Wind, by Stephen King, who knows when it'll be published, but for $50 for a signed stephen king, I can wait.

Nice! I love how "retired" Stephen King seems to be even more productive than ever!

And a few pics of the condo, which I should be closing on in a few weeks. It's amazing what 5 weeks worth of work can do to a space...

The whole cathedral space with the loft is pretty cool. And the floor plan being broken up as much as it is actually makes it feel even bigger than the 1300 sf or so that it actually is. The only problem is it's a little tough to hang pictures up on the sloped walls, which is all that's left after putting up my bookcases.

Nice! I love how "retired" Stephen King seems to be even more productive than ever!

Nice looking place.

This one is supposed to be a gothic novel, and I figured wtf. Anyway, $50, signed. I'm too big a book collector whore to pass that up :)