Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

More Equation Audio RP-21, to get them balanced to go with the MillettMaxx OPUS monstrosity. The search for decent balanced closed headphones continues.

Booma, you were right - the D2000 just aren't that good (5k are better, just not to me for this application), and after whipping out the Equations on the road again, just gotta try balanced - at $80 shipped, why not throw a $200 balanced cable at 'em? Oops, and \I gotta get those Beyer leather pads, maybe the red...

After traveling for a week in London, that is not even a measurable blip on the radar.

Wow, certainly isn't cheap... It's cool they have their gym in the house. Cardio for 5 or 6 times a week from the get go sounds a bit rough. Just my 2 cents: As important as cardio is, most of your results will come from the right diet. Best of luck!

I know. The past year and a half has been the only time in my life that I haven't worked out or been involved in some physical activity. I can't believe I let myself go like this...ugh. About four years back I also dated my trainer, but that didn't work out so well when I dumped him (he was way too into himself), and going to the gym became something to avoid since he worked there and turned into a real ass every time I showed up.

Anyway, I just met with the trainers (husband and wife) and handed over two-weeks pay just for starters. Good thing I got a hefty bonus last month...Thrice is probably laughing since he knows why. They work out of their home, and I gotta say their cardio room is nice as it's also a very large home theater room. I think I'm going to like these people. I'm allowed to show up whenever I want, walk on in, choose what I want to watch and/or listen to and get going, and as long as I show up 5-6 days a week for cardio on my own, they give a "discount" (minimal) on the weight training three times a week. You don't show up for cardio, they raise the rates on personal training. That works for me.

PG_06366.6404_ZM1.jpg

I have found my watch.

Well, never buy anything via mail-order from Barney's, they suck. Cancelled my order after telling me that if they couldn't find it in the warehouse, they'd check the stores. I happened to know for a fact that it was at one of my local stores, so once they finally got their collective head out of their collective ass (there's an image for you), I went across the street and got it.

So yes, I now have my fucking watch, no thanks to Barney's NY, but thanks to Co-Op Georgetown (although they weren't perfect either -- they tried to sell me the wrong watch the first time, after they were called and told to put the correct watch on hold for me). But it all worked out in the end, and I didn't miss my meeting with my boss' boss' boss, so all is well.

Moral of the story is, don't buy from Barney's mail-order, check their website and see if you can find a local store first. If not, try to find one near a friend.

It really is absolutely perfect. The hands aren't black, but then I wouldn't be able to tell time at all, so I think some color is okay.