Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

1x Sager NP5792 Custom Laptop (Built on Clevo M570RU)

- Display: 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)

- Processor: ~Intel? 45nm "Penryn" Core?2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz w/3MB L2 On-die cache - 800MHz FSB

- Video Card: 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 7950GTX (User Upgradeable)

- Ram: 4,096MB DDR2 667 PC2 5300 (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory

- Intel? Robson Turbo Memory: 1GB Intel? Robson Turbo Memory (Vista Only)

- Exterior Finish: NP5790 Orange Frame Trim Color (you thrice, you gotta love this!)

- Optical Drive: ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares

- Primary Hard Drive: ~ 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)

- Wireless Network: Built-in Intel? PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n

- Operating System: ~Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's

- Warranty: Sager 3 Year Parts & Labor Warranty w/ Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Customer Support

display_5790.jpg

This should take care of my issues with using a laptop for work. ;D

Yay, new laptop for Nate! When's the ETA?

It should be here in less than 3 weeks. My old lappy will ship out on Friday so yeah, it's a bummer to be without one for that long but the new one should be a screamer and it is upgradeable without a mobo change to the 8800GTX card that was just released 2 weeks ago so if I get itchy in a year or so I can just bump the performance again. As it is this unit has been benchmarked seriously high and is way more than I technically need at this point. :)

congrats Nate, I'll actually be getting a very similarly spec'd 5792 myself pretty soon

I jumped on this because the performance of the 7959GTX is actually quite a bit better than the 8700 which will soon be the base offering (only a few places still offer the 7950). I just couldn't justify moving up to the 8800, yet.

damn Nate, that's a really nice laptop

It was between this and a XPS 1730, which the wife like better (simply because of the Dell name recognition). But the XPS costs almost 20% more, has far worse performance specs (still not bad, just not great) and weighs over 2lbs more!!

It was between this and a XPS 1730, which the wife like better (simply because of the Dell name recognition). But the XPS costs almost 20% more, has far worse performance specs (still not bad, just not great) and weighs over 2lbs more!!

Not the biggest fan of the XPS series from Dell, but if that Sager costs 20% less and has those specs, that's a damn good deal. 4 gigs of ram FTW. 512mb video card doesn't hurt either. ;)

You must take pics when you get it. I'm interested in the orange trim. :P

Not the biggest fan of the XPS series from Dell, but if that Sager costs 20% less and has those specs, that's a damn good deal. 4 gigs of ram FTW. 512mb video card doesn't hurt either. ;)

You must take pics when you get it. I'm interested in the orange trim. :P

I'll provide pics, just to drive our Rockhopper friend crazy. ;D

And I forgot to mention, the Sager was 20% less than a Dell that I was getting ~15% off on (friend of a friend gets a discount) so the Sager is WAY less expensive compared to retail Dell prices.

How much did that cost you Salt Peanuts?

It was shade over $200 with the shipping from NJ (where Zerosurge is located) - about $60 saving over buying the rebranded model from Brickwall with their current 5% discount before adding the shipping cost. I needed a better surge protection anyways. Also, for me, shipping is cheaper and faster from Zerosurge since Brickwall is on the other side of the country from me. Had I bought 6 of them, I would have been able to get a volume discount, but I've no need for 6 of them and no money buy 6 of them either.

Assuming the unit is actually in stock and they ship it today as they said they would, I should have the unit tomorrow.