Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Parrot food, parrot toy, Pliny, Supplication and Consecration.

The beer guy at the store the other day told me that, if I liked Consecration, I would love Supplication even more. Also said he was pretty sure Philly is the closest it comes to here.

Oh, Consecration is definitely worth it, amazing stuff. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Supplication. The guy at the store said that Consecration was modified to be able to be brewed four times a year, while Supplication only could be done twice apparently.

Was looking for a pair of small speakers to use at the office. Thanks to recommendations by fellow members I picked up a pair of Clements 105di from Adiogon. The price was very good at $80 including S&H, currently they are burning in and I hope they open up nicely since the initial impressions were not encouraging. The 105di's sounded congested and the bass was not present, of course I do not expect earth shaking bass from such a tiny speaker.

For pics please go to: Picasa Web Albums - 10943715404801124... - Clements 105di

Yeah,they take a few days to settle to sound smooth, IMHO bass is not very deep but very good for such small speaker, very punchy. Strange about the congest sound as my pair just was a bit bright at first, not congested. Where did you put them, next to wall gave me some nasty coloration in the mid-bass, but moving a way about 2-3 feet cleared it up?

Cetoole how do you like 107di do far, the pair he had out of the box sounded very nice?

Right now they are on top of a pair of floorstanders while they get some used connected to the A/V. The +/-30 hours of use have opened them up quite a bit and they are sounding much better, even the bass is coming out of hiding. Once they get about 8 days of home use I will take them to the office to be part of my office rig driven by a vintage Marantz 2238B.

I got a Razer Mamba mouse and a NAS unit, a Synology DS1010+.

The DS1010+ with five Hitachi 2TB drives is surprisingly quiet. It is much much quieter than my old Thecus N5200, which I'm still using. They're side by side.

Startup and shutdown is also much faster, and the web interface is also better. Thumbs up for Synology.

Nice Todd, I was looking at some Samsung plasmas, but they all had pretty poor MLL, around where the Pannies settled post rise. How is this one?

Not aware of any measurements for this one yet, but just from watching the blacks certainly seem black enough too me. The reason I went with the samsung is that it was less expensive than the comparable panny vt20/25 by a pretty large margin.

I have now bought 3 septic inspections and 2 home inspections all to get nothing... hurray for looking for homes in NJ where everything in my price range is a short-sale, foreclosure or might as well be condemned.

My realtor warned me that foreclosures should be expected to need all new plumbing and electrical.