What Headphones Do You Actually Use?

ilikebananafudge

• 2 weeks later...

I think my journey went something like from various Lambdas to the HD800 to the SR-007 MK2.9 and finally to the Utopia. The Focal definitely have the least trade-offs and annoying stuff amongst the headphones that I've tried and owned. 

• Like 1

Circa 1996.  Sony MDR-CD1700. I modified it recently for a balanced amplification.  Stock is single-end only with wiring going into the left earcup.   The CD1700 is seriously awesome after the mod.  It is super efficient and sound better than ever.  Modded with Moon-Audio Black Dragon and Furutech 4.4 mm plug.

D0F9A59B-D98B-4F32-8CA2-F93D749F26E3.jpeg

2542B735-044E-4A28-AEFC-BAFB6C66D5E1.jpeg

78710878-AE67-42D7-BE0E-2558E6F220EE.jpeg

138A68FE-F636-4C00-9E7B-9C2CA7D337E4.jpeg

Edited by purk
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, skullguise said:

^^ always liked them when I heard them, kind of a poor man's CD-3000......

Well the CD1700 actually does not have any weakness after the recabled work that I did.  As wonderful as the Cd3000 with similar mod, the treble still can be annoying from time to time.  I don’t encounter any issue with the CD1700.  The presentation is actually effortless, relaxed, and analog sounding.  If you guys come across one and willing to do a bit of DIY, you will be very pleased with the results.  They can easily compete with any headphones under a grand and then some.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...