Watches

Dusty Chalk

Welcome back Dusty.

This may be my next watch. It's Swiss made, auto with ceramic case:

O7-LM-4.jpg

Looks great, but I am not sold on the ceramic cases, what if you drop it or smash it on a hard surface?

I ordered this German watch on Monday while the euro is weak compared to the dollar, but now the dollar seems to be going back were it was before. Can't wait to receive it!

(pic not mine, found it on google.)

stowa4bp1.jpg

Stowa is a nice watch. I'm told by the owner of the company that makes the ceramic watch that it would likely take a hard blow by a hammer to break the case. The bezel is the weakest part and is easily replaced. It will not scratch so under almost all circumstances it should hold up as good, if not better than a steel case.

• 1 month later...
I'm selling my two Invictas and my one less black Nixon, if anyone's interested (which I doubt, so I'm not going to wait for an answer before I put them up on eBay, which will probably be this weekend). I just don't wear them any more, now that I got the Nixon all-black Private with which I'm very happy.

pictures?

• 1 month later...