Watches

Dusty Chalk

My Lucien Piccard arrived today. The Rose Gold one on sale a little while back. It had a supposed retail of $625.00, and was on sale for $69.00.

It's a pretty nice watch! Definitely the nicest $70.00 watch I've ever bought. I've spent $700.00 ish on Seiko Lassales back in the day, and this feels better. Time will tell (pun intended).

• 1 month later...

These are the two I have (first is Delphi, second one is Eclipse II):

107.334541.jpg51fQhZjuuBL.jpg

Im thinking of getting a 2nd Eclipse II(i really love the design) in this color scheme:

135A.33152.jpg

I chose the first one (the Delphi) because I love skeleton watches, and the dark color scheme was to my taste. I bought it for about $75 I think on Chronoshark or one of those one sale a day sites. The 2nd one (the Eclipse II), I bought from Amazon for about $170-ish. I instantly fell in love with the face layout, so I am heavily considering getting that black/white one, as it is contrasting enough from the all-brown model I have to justify owning two of basically the same watch.

BTW, the first one is smaller (the face) than the second one. The Eclipse II is a large-face watch.

Watch Information

Brand Name: Invicta

Model number: INVICTA-6173

Part Number: INVICTA-6173

Dial window material type: Mineral

Clasp: Buckle

Case material: stainless-steel

Case diameter: 52 millimeters

Case Thickness: 16 millimeters

Band material: Rubber

Band length: mens

Band width: 26 millimeters

Dial color: black

Bezel material: stainless-steel

Bezel Function: stationary

Calendar: day-and-date

Movement: swiss-quartz

Water resistant depth: 330 Feet

Warranty Type: Manufacturer

I dont usually wear a watch but when I do, it's usually the Bvlgari Assioma my dad passed down to me for graduation

AA44C14SLD.jpg

My Daytona is a beautiful peice of jewelry, but not by any measure, a high end watch. I have a modest collection; Tags, Omega's, Tissots, Sinns, etc. For the money, a Tissot is unbeatable.

Bvlgaris are lovely, but I know nothing about them. If I ever have the cash, I would go for Patek Phillipe. Chances are I will spend that money on some cool tube gear instead, however............

My Daytona is a beautiful peice of jewelry, but not by any measure, a high end watch. I have a modest collection; Tags, Omega's, Tissots, Sinns, etc. For the money, a Tissot is unbeatable.

Bvlgaris are lovely, but I know nothing about them. If I ever have the cash, I would go for Patek Phillipe. Chances are I will spend that money on some cool tube gear instead, however............

I guess if you want a multi functional quartz watch, but I could get a quartz casio that was better than a Tissot.

Tissot is not top a craftsmanship, complications, or style in my opinion. I believe most watch enthusiast would agree with me.

As much as I'd like an Omega or Rolex or other Swiss prestige watch, I'd consider it to be more as a piece of jewellry and so treat it as an item for special occassions rather than every day use.

For every day use, I was a fan of Casio G-Shocks because they can stand up to years of abuse and still keep on ticking. It's cheap so I didn't particularly take great pains to baby it and it started to look battered. The thing was almost comically huge.

So I decided to change to something a little more 'grown up' and smarter looking and bought one of the newest Casio Oceanus models ( Oceanus: OCW-T600TD-1AJF Watch Detail ) when I was in Japan in August this year.

OCW-T600TD-1AJF.jpg

I consider it to be smart enough to be a dress watch as well as being "to the second" accurate (if within range of an atomic clock), low maintenance (auto adjust and solar powered), tough (titanium case, sapphire glass, 10 bar waterproof) and with some features (alarm, stopwatch, count-down timer).

I only like watches because I can't stand wearing rings or any other jewerly, it is just uncomfortable to me. I like the style of an elegant watch, but the truth is that a cheap watch will pretty much tell time as well as a good one, and the Rolex, which is the most expensive one I own, actually tells the worst time, and will stop running if it sits more than two days. I regret buying it, and would rather have something really exotic. My other kinetic watches all work much better. Watches are a matter of taste, but none to date have added any inches to my dick.

• Like 1