Watches

Dusty Chalk

Coincidentally, I was in the mall today and...OMJFHWTFBBQCG that thing is huge. 65mm! Why don't they just call it what it is, 6.5cm? It's like a teacup saucer on your wrist. I was back and forth between "fugly" and "so fugly it's cute" with the pics but in person, obtains full squatting residence in Fuglyville.

DO. NOT. WANT.

Coincidentally, I was in the mall today and...OMJFHWTFBBQCG that thing is huge. 65mm! Why don't they just call it what it is, 6.5cm? It's like a teacup saucer on your wrist. I was back and forth between "fugly" and "so fugly it's cute" with the pics but in person, obtains full squatting residence in Fuglyville.

DO. NOT. WANT.

I loller'd pretty hard. Also yeah that's way too big (that's what she said).

There is currently a fad of larger watches, though. The blue-on-black Bell & Ross's that you're grailin' over range in size from 42mm (BR-03) to 46mm (BR-01). My huge ones (51-30) are 47mm without the crown, and I'm getting kind of used to them. But it's a fad. 38mm sounds about right, for non-fad-large watches.

Next time you're in Nordstrom's, check it out. It kind of stands out a little.

There is currently a fad of larger watches, though. The blue-on-black Bell & Ross's that you're grailin' over range in size from 42mm (BR-03) to 46mm (BR-01). My huge ones (51-30) are 47mm without the crown, and I'm getting kind of used to them. But it's a fad. 38mm sounds about right, for non-fad-large watches.

Next time you're in Nordstrom's, check it out. It kind of stands out a little.

Thanks Dusty and grawk. I had no idea that the big ones are so big. I'm not a fan of the huge watches.

I think for average wrists, a 40-42mm is awesome, no bigger should be worn. I'm not into the whole 47mm+, unless you have like, an 8.5" wrist.

I find 34-38 a bit on the small side, but I did just get into watches last year, so it was during the large face movement alerady.

The smallest watch I wear is a 40mm and I think it is a bit small for my wrist. I really like the big watches but I tend to go with something smaller, less noticeable for a daily beater. That being said it is bonus time again and I intend to buy a watch or two. I have seen some really interesting watches in this thread and the big ones always catch my eye so I will probably lean towards a 46mm size this time.

The smallest watch I wear is a 40mm and I think it is a bit small for my wrist. I really like the big watches but I tend to go with something smaller, less noticeable for a daily beater. That being said it is bonus time again and I intend to buy a watch or two. I have seen some really interesting watches in this thread and the big ones always catch my eye so I will probably lean towards a 46mm size this time.
I would definitely be interested to see what you are thinking about.

I haven't done a whole lot of research yet but I remember a house watch from Wempe here in NY. Large pilots watch, sort of like a large Sinn but a bit dressier. I also thought about going smaller and getting an Omega Speedmaster and a Sinn 356. I will probably just end up picking up a Panerai as they have routinely been some of my favorites during my watch shop trips over the years.