Watches

Dusty Chalk

reveal-watch.jpg

Dusty approved?

Maybe. Will purchase and decide. Do dig the technology behind it.
Citizen-AR3015-53E-1.jpg

Was this posted (for Dusty) before?

I don't know if it's been posted in this thread, but it's on my wishlist, and I've even seen it in person. Again, dig the technology behind Casio's Eco-Drive watches -- solar-power reinforces a standard winding watch movement. Just haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet.
I have since bought this watch. It is the blackest watch I have ever seen. Nixon has also again catered to me and made an (otherwise) all-black watch with purple numerals. I bought the first model off the machine line.

I have a bit of a watch problem. I have already spent more money whimsically buying watches than I would consider spending on headphones. I have no idea what is wrong with me. The current "thing" is mother-of-pearl. And I have long since moved past all-black or largely black watches -- I have a couple of very shiny silvertone watches (one with a "salmon" face which is just outlandishly gorgeous, and several other dyed-MOP dials), and have bought almost the entire series of Invicta Lupah Revo's.

Any suggestions on how to curtail said spending and/or how to obtain large sums of money by endangering my life for entertainment purposes would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I can't really wear wrist watches because I found it made my wrist thinner on the side I was wearing them, which was the wrong side anyway. I'm left handed and wore them.. on my left wrist. Also, I'd just end up taking them off and putting them back on again for any playing I'd have to do, then get too lazy and just not put them back on. Which is what I've done.

Also, pocketwatches are for badassness.

I just bought another one. :palm:

I can't really wear wrist watches because I found it made my wrist thinner on the side I was wearing them...
lolwut?

Why would they make your wrist thinner?

Tiger (before he was infamous, when he was just famous) worked with Tag to design a special low-profile watch that was designed not to throw off his swing. It's only US$1200.

VestalZEP008SEWeb.jpg
Okay, coolest thing ever. It even has a date. See the little "V" thingy? That's the Vestal watch logo. It's also the date. They had the movement modified so that all it shows is black.

Okay, no, not really.

Oh, and Dinny, I forgot to mention -- I saw your blue-on-black Bell & Ross "instrument" at Torneau in person.

I can't really wear wrist watches because I found it made my wrist thinner on the side I was wearing them...

Actually this happened to me as well when I used to wear a watch year round. It's not really an issue since the fat around the muscle does regenerate. I just need to stop buying audio gear and music then I'll but a sufficiently nice watch.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping this thread. I found my watch, the Oris Oscar Peterson Jazz Series:

orisoscar.jpg

Yes, those are meant to look like keyboard keys around the outer rim.

Yes, that is meant to look like a record groove towards the center.

So 'me', it hurts.

Aren't Bell & Ross way overpriced?
C'mon, man, that's a skull. Skulls are the shit. Plus, the hands look like a sword and dagger. Coolest fucking watch evar.