Watches

Dusty Chalk

• 1 month later...

And that's pretty much all I need.

I think I need a custom watch. I'm going to get two -- one that is as black as possible, and another one that is black where the first one isn't (I.E. hands, pips, etc.), and then have a watch maker or watch repairer swap the parts. And then sell the other one on eBay as a custom "all-white" jobby.

Think i may have your boy Dusty..

look here..ocean7 company has a watch designer thingy where you can get EVERYTHING in black.

http://www.ocean7watchco.com/webfiles/LM-6-2824.swf

not sure if they will do it but the lm-6 watch goes for $950 with bracelet..

call them or i will Monday about this. i would be up for an entire black pvd watch with a carbon dial..PISSED!!!!

Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!

Okay, I made my watch (exactly like yours, except without the turquoise pips [yes, I even chose the carbon fiber backing]). Now...how do I buy it?

i don't see nothing on their site about this. i looked around on the forums and I am not sure this is for a play thing or a real custom thing. i think tyrion knows the dude personally so maybe he would know. I would bone that watch for $1500 easy..that is a hott peice!

call on monday and ask..

• 3 weeks later...

Zillamatic

Leave it to Nixon to do something that I hadn't even thought of yet -- a black skeleton. Goddamn, that is a thing of beauty.

EDIT: Oh, and they made an all-black 51-30:

barneys-new-york-nixon-watch-3.jpg

I might just have to make a trip up to New York for that.

Dusty - the inspiration for that one was probably the classic Doxa Grafic that came out in the mid-60s. Slightly different, but you can see the similarity in case shape, markers and offset date window. I think they re-released the Grafic a few years back, as well.

Still, the Nixon looks pretty nice and the price is fair. Post some pics if you pick one up.

Billy, did you know that CostCo sells Breitling?

i am just seeing this reply now, sorry for the late answer..

Yes I seen this long time before I bought mine. Costco by me actually sells two other brands that are much higher end then Breitling but i cant think of them now (they are not on their site). The Costco by my house said they don't and can not carry the Navitimer only cheaper models and they don't move on retail..at least that's what i was told. the best price from a AD locally is 15% off on retail and more if you go grey market Breitling. I went local AD with 15% and 12 months no interest when i bought mine (which i just finished paying for now). at first it shocked me Costco carries such brands but then again they also sell caskets there so..

I can't see the picture of the skeleton, but here's another.....

orig.jpg

I've seen plenty of skeletons, but the difference with the Zillamatic is that the gears and such are black -- if you go back to the beginning of the thread and read forward, you can actually historically watch me develop my fixation for blackblackerblackest.

I've seen plenty of skeletons, but the difference with the Zillamatic is that the gears and such are black -- if you go back to the beginning of the thread and read forward, you can actually historically watch me develop my fixation for blackblackerblackest.

Hey Dusty

I had a look at the site you linked to.... an interesting and appealing watch....

orig.jpg

but it looks like neither the movement nor the numbers are actually black, but instead are covered by a black glass... if you look at the date window, the date appears as a black number on a white background and if you look carefully you can also see part of the number 2 peaking through, also black number on a white background, but at the same time you can see the rest of the numbers are black on black and since the back of the watch shows a silver colored movement, my guess is the front of the movement is silver, the date wheel is white with black numbers, all covered by black glass and above that, silver hands and hour markers.... :-) unless I'm looking at the wrong watch....

USG