Watches

Dusty Chalk

I had an RGM and hated the buying experience.  The watch arrived and stopped working 3 days later.  I sent it back to RGM and they say I will have it back in a week.  Three months go by, with them ignoring my emails the whole time, and I finally call them.  Their answer is that watch is having problems keeping time over the course of a few days and they cannot figure it out.  My response is "Holy shit, dude, this is an relatively expensive timepiece."  They will not give me my money back or any other reasonable accommodation   I got the watch a few days later and it seemed to work fine while I owned it, but the buying experience was not good.  I sold it with full disclosure and a huge discount to the buyer.  

Wow.  If that's the case that is total bullshit. I'm not a watch maker but I know exactly how to fix it.  If within a week's time they can't resolve the issue just replace the movement to keep a happy customer.  Saw an article on them in Watch Time a couple of months ago and never would have figured they would bust your balls on either no refund or a replacement.  If it was me and could tell that the watch was not dropped I would replace it pronto through FedEx... if I want to maintain a reputation.  That is too much money to have lying around for 3 months with no enjoyment. Kinda sorry I recommended them now.   :(

I get two distinct images in my mind when picturing a watch that large.  One is Flavor Flav and his clock, the other is the phone that was marketed back in the 80s for old people that had like 1" sqaure buttons so they were easy to read and press.   Yeeeaahhh boyeeeee!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't fake -- yes, it's a face made entirely out of lum:

564206_10151392576689220_1890388333_n.jp

You won't be able to sleep with it in the same room.  In fact, you probably shouldn't even bring it in to movies with you, people will ask you to "turn it off".

It'll probably be the visual equivalent of Black Sabbath to Coelacanthes, though.