Watches

Dusty Chalk

I paid about $700 for 3 piece with 2 fittings. Boss is overpriced. You can do better than Allen Edmonds. Go English for your shoes. Crockett and Jones/Trickers/Sargent/Loake/Lobb/Edward Green/Gaziano & Girling.

That's the Kowloon discount. I think the amount for something that would rival a Savile row suit is more around $2K with lifetime adjustments. I will be in HK a lot in the next 3 months, and you could crash at my place. Edited by luvdunhill
  • Like 1

I couldn't pass this up, as I've always really liked the look of the B&M Hampton line.  Plus, I need something to wear until the Datejust arrives. :)  This runs the ETA 2894 movement, so I'm not too worried about the third party warranty:  doubt I'll need it.

Its a nice solid watch.  I have the same in silver.  Liked the looks for it.

baume-and-mercier-hampton-silver-dial-au

• 2 weeks later...

I added this to my buy.  The group price was just too good to pass up, and I've always loved the white dial Explorer II.  It'll be nice having a modern watch (this is from 1998) with hacking and quickset.  Other than the Hamilton Pilot Day Date Automatic that I plan on getting (to relive Interstellar every time I look at my wrist, you see), I'm done with watches for a while.

3zelRJ9l.jpg

I'm jealous because my 16570 with an "S" serial number from 1993 has tritium lume that's 95% dead.  But you've got the luminova dial and hands.  That's why I bought the new 216570 for Thanksgiving, but I still tend to gravitate towards the older one more.  Am I nuts for wanting to trade my old 16570 for a newer one with Superluminova (after 2000), but keep the newer 216570?

On another note, I gave my "Interstellar" Hamilton (like the one he gave his daughter) to my brother for Xmas, but my Hamilton Harrison Ford Conservation Chrono has the right kind of hands. I love this one, and the Hamilton modded Valjoux 7750 keeps great time and runs 60 hours on a charge.

post-905-0-40967300-1422149254_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-37405200-1422149303.jpg

Speaking of Explorer II's, I have owned this Bell & Ross BRV126 for almost 2 years now and I find that not only do I like it as much as I did when I saw it on Mike's wrist but I also reach for this more than I have for my Explorer II ever since. I think I've worn my Explorer less than 10 times in the past 2 years. Truth be told, selling the Explorer to add to my car downpayment fund has crossed my mind.

Sorry for the shitty shot but here it is:

2dW2k7u.jpg

Is this more or less what it looks like?

sEh0f1Zl.jpg

Yep, pretty close. Maybe a tiny touch more beige but I'm nitpicking.

Don't get me wrong, the Explorer is a really nice watch but almost too nice for me. I almost never wear anything outside of a shirt/polo + jeans or shorts and I feel like the B&R is much more casual than the Rolex. And I love using Zulu straps and not having to worry about scuffing up the strap (I know I can put one on the Explorer but I've never tried).

Edited by raffy