Watches

Dusty Chalk

I see a Red Oxx strap as well.  What does the knob at 8 o'clock do?

I am wearing a 46 now and it is fine.  The Rolexes make me feel like I am wearing a ladies watch.  Just in my head of course, but it is still kind of strange to see a little one on my wrist.

Seems like it will be pretty awesome. Especially during the summer, going from outdoor to indoor activities. Most of my watches end up being a bit too tight or too loose depending on the season/activity. Looking forward to this.

I like that my Explorer II clasp/band has a small extension that adds a few mm to the band, to help it fit when my arm swells up in the summer - it's kinda like a shorter version of a "dive extension".  I think someone said it was called a "tropic link".

I tried on the Deepsea.  I like the watch, but it is pretty damn clunky.  Like bang on every door jamb clunky.  It is a possibility but at this point there probably aren't any Roli I really want and the desire to experience blue lume has passed.

• Like 1

Not as impressive as Zach's Submariner, but I did pick up another B&M Hampton.  The price was exceptionally low for a brand new with tags watch, and I did like the first defective one from a couple months ago (other than the defective part).  I'm thinking about maybe having the top facing mirrored areas brushed, as it is a little flashy, but the watch wears very well despite being heavy.  One link removal and a slight link re-arrangement, and it fits just about right.

dfg3wYgl.jpg

I was going to get one until you had the one with issues, so I decided not to. Looks good on you.

Thanks!  I think the first one was just bad luck.  It's a nice watch, for sure.   Not a lot of adjustment in the bracelet, though, but I got lucky.  Definitely has a larger wrist presence than I'm used to, but it's not overbearing.

I went for a different dress watch, but the deal on a NIB was too good to pass up, since it included a free $525 service for my son's 5 year old Planet Ocean 2500 (was new old stock but the oil is over 5 years old).  

post-905-0-76412400-1428035738_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-81136700-1428035748_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Yeah, it seems like the smaller watch is making a big comeback.  I am going to have to train myself not to immediately ignore 40 and below watches as I think the large watches I have amassed seem to be going out of style.  :-[

Thought about trading in some nice Panerai and their value seems to have taken a hit since I last paid attention.

Went through my safe last night and found my original "nice" watch purchase sitting in one of the drawers.  Omega Seamaster "Bond" 300m Quartz 2541.80.00.  Somehow the thing is still running though I am not sure it has seen the light of day in a few years.  I wore this thing every day for many years and loved it.  Do you guys know of a serial number search somewhere for these so I can figure out how old it is?  Best I can tell is 1998 or 1999.

Edited by VPI