Watches

Dusty Chalk

Yeah, definitely the Goldeneye, just not sure how long it was sold.  Seems like I would have bought this in 1998 or 99 in grad school. 

Doesn't really matter, mine never shot the fucking lasers anyway.

• Like 2

Yeah, thumbs are great, but a laser would have been awesome.

Going to the watch shop tomorrow to look at the DJ II.  Seems like it might be a nice daily wear option that is a bit bigger and looks decent.

Yeah, it seems like the smaller watch is making a big comeback.  I am going to have to train myself not to immediately ignore 40 and below watches as I think the large watches I have amassed seem to be going out of style.  :-[

Thought about trading in some nice Panerai and their value seems to have taken a hit since I last paid attention.

I grew up with 33-36mm watches, so 36-38mm isn't too bad these days. But anything over 42mm drives me nuts unless it's a sporty watch with rotating or numbered bezel. The other day I tried on the 41mm Aqua Terra and the 38.5mm version, and the big dial and slim bezel made the 41mm look silly huge, while the 38.5mm looks perfect.

I've also got a shot of my 35mm 1962 Omega Seamaster DeVille. (Half the pictures in my photo stream show up sideways on my new iPad, weird).

post-905-0-50607000-1428125332_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-08306100-1428125442_thumb.jpg

A large part of it is the photography, as I went for low light in a fairly well lit room so the overall lume is degraded by the settings.  It is fine, but not as good as many of my other watches.  Fortunately, I do not give half a shit as I rarely need to know the time in the dark.

• Like 1

Moar lume shots taken recently...

The iPhone had a hard time showing the green hand and bezel dot vs the blue hour hand and hour markers on my Ti Planet Ocean.

The Ti Seamaster Pro lume isn't as bright, but still glows nicely with dim ambient light in the room.

Edit  - Add one more of the Ti Planet Ocean showing the two color lume...

post-905-0-43536500-1428178062_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-21799800-1428178284_thumb.jpg

post-905-0-75176400-1428179075_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Went through my safe last night and found my original "nice" watch purchase sitting in one of the drawers.  Omega Seamaster "Bond" 300m Quartz 2541.80.00.  Somehow the thing is still running though I am not sure it has seen the light of day in a few years.  I wore this thing every day for many years and loved it.  Do you guys know of a serial number search somewhere for these so I can figure out how old it is?  Best I can tell is 1998 or 1999.

http://ialreadyhaveawatch.com/watch-articles/omega/omega-serial-numbers-by-year/

1995 was when Goldeneye Bond quartz watch came out, and in 1997 Jame's traded quartz for autowind for Tomorrow Never Dies. But I think they kept selling quartz well past that time.  

If it's a 1998 I'd love to buy it for my son for his birth year watch.

It is a 56mil serial so 1998.  I knew I got it in grad school.

Here is a pic properly exposed that shows how different the lime is from the Breitling and Omega.

i-kHkzHnq-X2.jpg

Very nice lume shots.

Let me know if you want to arrange a sale (or trade) so I can give Ben a 1998 birth-year watch for graduation!!

[EDIT - somehow I got a weird smiley at the end that I had to remove]

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Yeah, I do not think 43 is big at all.  The 46 starts to seem a bit big, but only when going back and forth.

The Rolex Glidelock clasp is fantastic.  Getting the perfect fit is so easy with this system.  Might have to upgrade the Sea-Dweller to the SD4000 or whatever next.

• Like 1