Watches

Dusty Chalk

Well my Breitling Emergency started having a flashing screen last week (low battery) so ordered the correct battery and tried to do a battery replacement like I had done before. As I was opening the case my hand slipped and the watch and movement slid across the desk. Now it's totally dead though I can't see any physical damage or anything physically wrong. It just will not respond. 

This is going to cost a fortune with Breitling service USA. The only place I've ever wasted more money in a split-second is in a car. :palm:

Edited by Dreadhead
  • Like 1

I'd enjoy owning the Grand Seiko too. They're well made, and respected by those in the know.

I recently pre-ordered a Nomos Glashutte Orion Midnight Limited Edition.  And I have an older Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz shipping to me on Monday, just like the one I bought my son for his 18th birthday in 3 weeks so we can match (and yes, both from 1998 when my son was born - go ahead, make fun of me but I got a great deal on both).

I'm considering switching the Nomos limited ed to an automatic Club Datum Dunkel.  What say you?

Screenshot 2015-12-13 19.42.01.jpg

Nomos Midnight Orion Gold_0.jpg

Nomos-Orion-Midnight-12.jpg

Edited by HeadphoneAddict

Decided to contact one of the Breitling Approved service centers to see if they'd be willing to take a look. Part of the reason I'm sure it will be a fortune from Breitling is they basically re-condition the watch and it's in need of a lot of that. I don't want any of that done (except for maybe a few spring pins replaced). Emailed Breitling and asked them to cancel the service request and will follow up with a call once they open. I really don't necessarily care if the watch isn't working but it would be nice to get it fixed.

• Like 1

Nice gift Reks.  

So the guy who hated iPhones, now has an iPhone and Apple Watch.  Since getting the watch, I have not worn any of my other watches (about a month).  I am thinking of letting my Bremont Solo go, which is the only one that has any real value.  If anyone is interested let me know.

• Like 1

On December 23, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Hopstretch said:

Extended Christmas best Christmas.

There was a minor flurry of last-minute watch buying and selling here too. Resulting in a decent deal on a Lange Saxonia manual.

Very clean and classic from ze Chermans, I think.

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 3.43.38 PM.png

Nice. That beats my NOMOS ORION when it comes to German watches.  Still, I can't wait for it to get here.

In the meantime, I can't seem to peel the Grey Side of the Moon off my arm lately.  I love it on the Dark Side strap now, making it a little more casual and sporty to suit my style better.

IMG_0072 wide.jpg

• Like 4