Watches

Dusty Chalk

She's decided on the Chanel (which is what I figured).

So what watches (other than Rolex) do you like in the $5-7kUSD range. Looking at the SBGA031 and Nomos time zone one. I already have a Zenith chronograph and the Breitling so I'm having a hard time. The diver seems like the best to complete the collection and I do want a spring drive.

it's a Tudor/Rolex nerd thing with text colors on the dial, and the fact that you are unlikely to run into somebody else wearing one. :)

12 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

I am leaning towards work but I like complications. That Tudor is nice but why pay almost a grand more to change the side of crown?

if you mean "work" as in "dressier watch for work," and you want complications, this is a no-brainer, for me.  I personally wouldn't get a Master Calendar, as overtime I looked at the watch, I would be sad that it isn't the Perpetual.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

As a GS owner i recommend one, but go fondle them in a store first if you have the chance, as they look pretty different IRL compared to the bad official photos.

It's not unusual for people to walk away with a completely different model after handling them.

I used to be more of a toolwatch guy and lusted for the 031, but ended up with one of their most conservative designs (SBGH001) and haven't regretted it, not even after covering it with scratches  ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

No I mean wearing on weekends and not worrying. My Zenith El Primero Moonphase is dressy enough for me on the rare occasions I dress up.

That Tudor adjusting strap is pretty sweet.

Appreciate the suggestions!

Gotcha.  The Pelagos is a sweet, sweet watch.  The blue is gorgeous.

4 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

Panerai? Not my cup of tea but there's the naval connection.

I think you might be onto something.  I wouldn't mind having a 1950 3-Day.  This is an in-house movement, if it matters to you, Chris.  I might actually prefer it to the Pelagos, but I've owned Tudor, and have never owned Panerai.

By the way, Chris, how do you keep from pulling the antenna on your Emergency?  I'd have that sucker out, and thus I'd be heavily fined and/or arrested, the first time I wore it when having one too many drinks. :) 

Edited by EdipisReks1

is it this one?

http://www.timelesswatchexchange.com/timelessluxwatches/reviews/grand-seiko-sbge005-spring-drive-review

looks nice, though i think i prefer the diver.

when it comes to GS GMT's i really like the styling of the various hi-beat and automatic variants, though i can understand the allure of spring drive ;) 

3044f7a14c585a187b69990914b869f5.jpg

Grand-Seiko-GMT-wristshot-5.jpg

Edited by bjarnetv

14 minutes ago, bjarnetv said:

is it this one?

http://www.timelesswatchexchange.com/timelessluxwatches/reviews/grand-seiko-sbge005-spring-drive-review

looks nice, though i think i prefer the diver.

when it comes to GS GMT's i really like the styling of the various hi-beat and automatic variants, though i can understand the allure of spring drive ;) 

The Hi-Beat GMT (especially the limited version in green) would be my choice, of any GS, I think.

Are the three watches you posted pictures of, Chris, the same case size?  If so, I'd go with the black dial and the black rotating bezel.  If those are larger than the white dial, plain bezel watch, then I might go for the white dialed GMT.  42mm is about as large as I like, even with my big wrist.  Let me also present a slight alternative, if you can find one at a discount: The SBGE015.

Seiko.jpg

Edited by EdipisReks1
Edited because I misread bjarnetv's post

9 minutes ago, EdipisReks1 said:

No, those are both automatics. 

i was referring to the spring drive reviewed in the link i posted:

the two automatics were just included because they would have been my pick ;)

Edited by bjarnetv