Watches

Dusty Chalk

32 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

You say that so I shut up or you prefer it?

Yeah, I want you to shut up, because I hate talking about watches. You really like it, it's in your price range, and you don't have to jump through hoops to get it.  It seems like the winner.  I also like it.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dreadhead said:

Thanks. No need to edit as I would have been interested in your input.

Jomashop wants me to sign a "no-returns" form for the Chanel and I'm feeling a bit worried. I guess it makes sense but is still worrying.

That's new to me!  Are they requiring you to do so, to make the purchase?  My guess is that these get ordered to be worn at a special event, and then returned afterwards, fairly often.  

Edited by EdipisReks1

Yeah they are saying it is special order so there will be no ability to cancel or return the order unless the watch is defective. I'm not a huge fan of it because I can't even get eyes directly on the watch anywhere local (I called around). I did find another place through Watch24 that has it for about $230 more that says (contacted them by email) it actually comes with a stamped and signed Manufacturers Warranty card (https://www.harveystore.com/products/chanel-h2009-ceramic-chronograph-diamond-unisex-watch) and a return is available (though to Europe).

Chanel will honor a European warranty in the US, I'm sure.  If they can get the watch to you quickly enough, I would order from Harvey, as much as I like Joma.  $230 isn't much to pay to make sure you can return it, if your wife decides she doesn't like it, when it's on wrist. Harvey is very reputable.  Make sure that you use the VAT8  code, at checkout, so that you don't pay Swiss VAT.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

Well my watch turned out great but now Harvey Store is looking like a mess. TLDR version: they cancelled the order.

I placed the order using PayPal (linked to my CC) and then I contacted them because it appeared that PayPal was adding a currency exchange fee to try and change to direct credit card. I spoke with PayPal and they assured me that it was not the case so I contacted Harvey to say go ahead as originally ordered before they had a chance to respond. I then get a message from them today saying that the watch was sold and it would be 2 weeks and they would give a 5% discount for the trouble. I said I would prefer 7% and they just cancelled the order without responding. I guess I should just have said thanks for the discount and now I'm fucked.

Edit: They are coming through.... Overreaction on my part

• Like 2

That sucks, Chris.  I'd say that PayPal was actually lying (I know for a fact that they charge a currency conversion fee, because I've paid it before), and Harvey just didn't want to deal with it anymore.  Not great customer service on their part, though.  Here is an open, but new with box and papers, sold by a Jeweler in NY, that is immediately available $5,000 (I bet you could get at least 5% off of that).

6 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

8da2c825425127088cf26e41cc1d252e.jpg

Just arrived and is gorgeous. The continually sweeping second hand on the spring drive is awesome.

Working up the courage to do the band resizing....

That's a beauty!  If you were worried about scratches, when resizing, just put some tape on the exposed surfaces.  Just remove the tape when you are done.

• Like 1

Thanks Reks! Turns out that the Customer Service person at Harvey was trying to deal with everything and the order was automatically canceled when she created the new lower price order. Got it ordered moments ago from them for the agreed 7% lowered price of 5500 Euro which is darn good for a watch that lists at almost $9k US. Your ability to recommend Harvey is still valid!

Really appreciate you finding the open box. I had seen it but I believe it was a 2014 watch which seemed not worth it compared to new.

This place rocks and you in particular Reks :)

• Like 1