Watches

Dusty Chalk

Not quite as cool as Chris' stuff (I can't wait to see the double-watch/double-wrist shot!), but I did finally get the NATO for my Speedy.  The polished steel version was out of stock, and will be for a while, so I asked for the PVD hardware version.  Clockwork Synergy shipped me the wrong strap, at first, but the right one arrived a couple days later (before I even mailed out the incorrect one, BTW: Clockwork cares about customer service).  I think this is the way I'll wear the Speedmaster, from now on.  The watch is too thick to go under a dress cuff, anyway, and the 1171 tends to grab hairs..  Super comfy, and I really like how it looks.  The GMT is back on the Oyster, but the Speedy looks really nice on the dark blue, too.

IMG_1523-1.JPG

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

nice lava lamp [emoji4]

Yeah I bought it in undergrad and when we moved into this house there was a weird switch controlled plug in the master. It ended up there because it fit. I think we've used it 4 times in 2 years and 2 of those times were to explain what it was to the kids. Your mentioning it reminded me of the uselessness of having it out. Just retired it and bought a Tiffany style lamp to go there:51vTe2dDIwL._SY400_.jpg
  • Like 3

Did the Chanel arrive, Chris?  Did you get the Seiko bracelet sized?  Need more pics!

6 hours ago, Dreadhead said:

Anyone interested in a Chiyoda single watch winder?

I'd keep it.  You never know when you might add some new pieces.  It's why I didn't get rid of any of my winders (two 4 watch and a 6 watch), despite only having a couple automatics, now (the rest is manual-wind, not quartz).

Edited by EdipisReks1

Chanel will not arrive for probably 3 weeks, they said 8-10 days to get to them before even shipping it from Switzerland/Italy. We'll get the pics when it arrives.

Crappy phone picture:

72d0c41a2795cb63a4aa47b87a17781a.jpg

Got it sized no problem though I may have put a microscratch on the side of one or more of the spare links. Plan to wear it a lot so I'm not going to worry about it. Tried to post a video of it running with the second hand sweeping but Tapatalk wasn't cooperating.

Lume shot:

edf89c8d004b14050ca6e2bb361b5461.jpg

• Like 6

After doing some reading I decided to give Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish a try to see what it did for that micro scratch. I figured it was $6 and a spare link.

Turns out, that in the intervening wearing between ordering and arrival, I had put a 2 fairly visible scratches in the mirror ring between the bezel crystal and the face crystal. I rubbed them with the polish for 3 applications with the tip of my finger for maybe 10 seconds each time and they are now basically invisible. Very happy with the outcome. Don't think that I will continue to do this but but I am happy to have my shiny newness back for a few days.

I don't think I ever showed a close up photo, so I want to make both Chris and Stretch feel bad; Chris, you have the wrong GMT, and Stretch, well, you REALLY have the wrong GMT (GMT Master II?).

Chris, remember when we were both in the same bus, and you didn't know who I was?

That's my shitty '68-70 Pepsi bezel insert.  It's gorgeous.  I'm hoping to trade the NOS '68 insert for an 8 inch folded link bracelet. We'll see.  These stupid pieces of old aluminum are worth dumb money, now.  It's about the only thing I got right.

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

I'm hoping that Justin will someday post pics of the watches I got him to buy (and the ones I sold him; I miss that Junghans Max Bill Chronoscope). 

Edited by EdipisReks1

Nice! That watch is way cool. And yes I do remember that bus, and my ignorance.

I'm loving the double number system on the GS so I can set the inner ring to GMT and change time zones quickly with the outer. Used it yesterday to allow me to set CET and keep track of when bike races are estimated to finish.

My wife's watch should be here Wednesday.