Watches

Dusty Chalk

2 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

That Omega Railmaster will find its way to me at some point. With Omegas not holding their value extremely well on the used market, yet the relatively small number of these - recommendations on strategy to acquire?

Wait until one pops up on Chrono24 for a price you like.  It'll happen, sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

So, the numbers aren't too limited - in the grand scheme of things?

No, not really.  I've seen much, much, much more limited come up for sale on a pretty regular basis.  There is currently a Dufour Simplicity listed.

3557 of each is a larger enough number that it wouldn't be a limited edition, for other brands.  Remember that Maurice Lacroix I bought?  I had no trouble tracking one down, and they had made about 200 (another watch that was just too thick).

Edited by EdipisReks1

1 minute ago, Emooze said:

7a7f5b903716928b61009db486d62d0b.jpg

My SCED035 which I don't think I ever posted but it did get recognition from a fellow watch nerd recently. It's a good understated watch and my daily wear right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's understated?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Emooze said:

7a7f5b903716928b61009db486d62d0b.jpg

My SCED035 which I don't think I ever posted but it did get recognition from a fellow watch nerd recently. It's a good understated watch and my daily wear right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Being the big Alien fan I am, I've come so close to buying one of those, several times.  Nice, man.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, EdipisReks1 said:

The last time I was quoted 6 weeks, it took 8 months, and less was being done.

Story of the (watch) service industry! Really is amazing how bad both the manufacturers and independents can be. Maybe the current sales slump will help -- fewer pieces going out the door to come back for service. But they'll probably also eliminate watchmaker positions to cut costs, so who knows? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luvdunhill said:

I need to get some servicing done myself. I mean, have someone else do the servicing. Yes, that too.

I'll let you know how ABC does.  I'm having a very specific late 60s chamfer cut into the lugs. If they can do that right, they can do anything. 

Edited by EdipisReks1